Cheated!! Will it make a difference?!!!

Options
I've been so stressed with uni work lately and when I'm stressed I crave fast food and I'm talking about burgers and sausage roll. All I had today was fast food, past three days I've been eating so bad. I've been excercising 4-5 days at the gym still, but I can't help but feel like eating crap and being stressed will make me gain weight which is the opposite to what I want.

Will these past days make a dramatic difference to my body?
Should I carry on eating well and just accept that this is what it was?
Should I feel bad? lol I do

Replies

• issiahs
    issiahs Posts: 55 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Just move on and eat well the days after. The best thing you can do when you go off track is to still try to track the calories you ate. I’ve eaten 2000 calories above my TDEE sometimes and I accept that it’ll take 4 days at a 500 calorie deficit to fix that. If you’re like me at all, and have to know how far you are behind then just try to be as on point as you can with counting calories. At that point you can find out how far back you are putting yourself during those moments that you slip up by just doing some simple math.
  • ZoneFive
    ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Have you logged everything? Knowing just how many calories you've consumed will answer your questions. If you haven't, go back and reconstruct the past few days in your food diary. It might be fewer calories than you think.

And yes, carry on eating better starting right now.
  • jamilaprem
    jamilaprem Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    ZoneFive wrote: »
    Have you logged everything? Knowing just how many calories you've consumed will answer your questions. If you haven't, go back and reconstruct the past few days in your food diary. It might be fewer calories than you think.

And yes, carry on eating better starting right now.

Yeah I've logged everything, lol it is bad

• jamilaprem
    Options
    issiahs wrote: »
    Just move on and eat well the days after. The best thing you can do when you go off track is to still try to track the calories you ate. I’ve eaten 2000 calories above my TDEE sometimes and I accept that it’ll take 4 days at a 500 calorie deficit to fix that. If you’re like me at all, and have to know how far you are behind then just try to be as on point as you can with counting calories. At that point you can find out how far back you are putting yourself during those moments that you slip up by just doing some simple math.

I'll think I'll do that, how do you know when your in a calorie deficit? I'm new to this app
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Keep logging -- that is important. Three days will not mess up your plan as long as you get back on track. <3
  • ZoneFive
    ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Then go right back to better eating. All the past three days will do is delay your goal by a few days.
  • jamilaprem
    Options
    *kitten* happens. Log it and move on.
    RodaRose wrote: »
    Keep logging -- that is important. Three days will not mess up your plan as long as you get back on track. <3

Ok I shall move on, I'll just work a bit harder at the gym this week, and have my eating habits on point the week.
  • issiahs
    issiahs Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    jamilaprem wrote: »

I'll think I'll do that, how do you know when your in a calorie deficit? I'm new to this app

If you input one pound a week loss on the app then the number of calories it gives you should be 500 calories below your TDEE. A TDEE is your total daily energy expenditure and eating anything below it puts you in a deficit. My TDEE for example is 2100 calories on sedentary days. This is just an estimate though, so it takes a bit of time and tracking to find out what you’re individual TDEE is. It’s good to stick to a certain calorie number for a few weeks to nail down what your TDEE is. Also keep in mind that your TDEE changes if you do more activity.
  • sksk1026
    sksk1026 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    This is so helpful to me, too. Am halfway through a large bag of potato chips - couldn't resist! Now I know what to do, tomorrow!
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,842 Member
    Options
    Helpful to me as well. Was a bit upset and went 600 calories over goal and trying to make sure it's not going to turn into a free for all. Planning to stay under goal this week
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I've been so stressed with uni work lately and when I'm stressed I crave fast food and I'm talking about burgers and sausage roll. All I had today was fast food, past three days I've been eating so bad. I've been excercising 4-5 days at the gym still, but I can't help but feel like eating crap and being stressed will make me gain weight which is the opposite to what I want.

Weight loss is about calories not type of food.
    A healthy diet can incorporate fast foods. You don't have to avoid eating burgers or sausage rolls.
    You don't gain or lose significant weight in 3 days. Log it and move on.
    Guilt over food is not productive. Unless you stole the food stop feeling bad about eating. It is just food.
    If you are an emotional eater work on different tools for managing stress like therapy, medication, meditation, art, music, cleaning, journaling.
  • davidylin
    davidylin Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Probably not, although you may feel a little bloated for a while.
    Yes, carry on eating well by all means.
    You should only feel bad if it helps to motivate you or improves your discipline. Otherwise, what use are feelings?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    log it and carry on.

food is food.

ive lost 100 pounds. i dont spaz out if i eat over my calories, or miss a scheduled workout, or go on vacation.

this is a process. you didnt gain weight fast, you wont lose it fast.

relax. do better today. its ok, the diet police arent going to come and confiscate your fridge ;)
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

Presumably you are attempting to lose weight because you consider yourself overweight. I imagine you would agree that you did not become overweight over the course of three days, it probably took years. You are not going to "ruin" your progress in three days. Note what caused you to go over your calories and attempt to either avoid those situations or learn how to work around them to stick with your plan.
  • sssgilbe
    sssgilbe Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You did not cheat! You had a few days where you CHOSE to eat more than you need. Log it as best as you can, realize if you continue in this manner it will hinder your weight loss. The next meal is only hours away. Plan to CHOOSE to eat only what you need.

This! Remove the word "cheat" from your eating vocabulary. Cheating implies sneaking around feeling guilty. You are making your own food choices, good and bad, and you'll make better choices with practice.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Ok I shall move on, I'll just work a bit harder at the gym this week, and have my eating habits on point the week.

Questions you need to think about:

Do you want to keep the weight off forever, or do you just want to lose it now and don't care what shape you're in five years from now?

Are you going to work out 4-5 times a week at the gym for the rest of your life, or do it until you burn out and become sedentary again?

How can you deal with your school stress other than stuffing down burgers and sausage rolls and beating yourself to death in the gym?

It's not about punishing yourself, and deciding to slack off for a few days is not a sin. There's no such thing as a Diet Hell.
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    Lighten up on yourself cause no one is perfect. Even a few days will not make that big a difference if you get back on track. You cannot uneat calories and go back so dont sweat it.

Dont feel bad or beat yourself up. You are aware of it and leave it at that and get back to the plan.

Once when diving I had a very bad experience with an anxiety type feeling. I was experienced enough to notice it and get my buddies attention and we ended the dive. We talked about the reasons why it happened and within about 1 hour i was out doing another dive. Dont let it change you just let it teach you and move on.