What is one food you used to love, but has been discontinued

Options

Replies

• steffi1686
    steffi1686 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Um this is from when I was a kid but Crispy Critters cereal. I used to love it and the mascot was super cute!
    The cereal consisted of individual pieces that were akin to miniature animal crackers in their shape, appearance, taste and texture. I actually wrote a letter to Post saying that they should bring them back, but I doubt they will. I have never found another cereal like it. And it must have made an impression because I still remember it after all these years.

I also really like the chocolate filled koala cookies...I still see them every once in a while but it is usually the strawberry version. They are an Asian snack food. I just checked amazon and they have them. I should order them sometime!
  • deedeehawaii
    deedeehawaii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Buckwheat pancakes from IHOP. (Now they have a Harvest Nut or something like that).

As for junk food and candy, don't give up hope if you cannot find your choice. Check out:

http://www.oldtimecandy.com/CandyList.htm
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Buckwheat pancakes from IHOP. (Now they have a Harvest Nut or something like that).

As for junk food and candy, don't give up hope if you cannot find your choice. Check out:

http://www.oldtimecandy.com/CandyList.htm

I looked, but PB Maxx has been discontinued for a looong time, that site seems to have candy that is still being made. (Why would anyone buy skittles from a website?)

Probably for the best :bigsmile:
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    From my childhood: Rainbow Punch Kool-Aid - I searched and searched for this stuff and could never find it. Finally emailed Kool-Aid a few years ago to find out it had been discontinued. :frown:

As an adult: Morningstar Farms Veggie Dogs/Veggie Corn Dogs - I go to the grocery store one day and they are abundant, I go back and they're ALL GONE!! Again, I emailed the company and they discontinued them. :sad: No other veggie dog even comes close to comparing. :cry:
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    This isn't a food, but I really miss Snapple Element drinks!! I absolutely loved Rain :cry:
  • pianoteacherevan
    pianoteacherevan Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    What about those Orbitz drinks with the little floatie booger things in them... MMM....
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Wheatsworth crackers! I see that they are still manufactured but NONE of the grocery stores around here carry them. The company told me I could order directly by the case!! What?? are you crazy??? That is the quickest way to sabatoge a diet!

Maybe we should consider it a blessing that so many of these "bad for you" foods have been discontinued!:laugh:

DD
  • lisam829
    lisam829 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Surge soda. I use to drink it by the case back when I was a teen. That and Chili Cheese Burritos from Taco Bell. They still sell them up north, but they don't here in Florida anymore. When my best friend sees her parents in Utah I make her buy me some and bring them back in a cooler.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,160 Member
    Options
    Anybody remember Lemon Coolers cookies? They were the size of vanilla wafers but with powered sugar that would melt in your mouth...yeah they're gone to discontinued heaven. :grumble:
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Ghosting-- loved, loved, loved Payday Pro. Wish they would make more
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Mars bars
  • Candy0516
    Candy0516 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Reese’s peanut butter balls
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,058 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Sorry not one, but three things...

HT Traders Lemon Creme Cookies - Even though they were a store brand (Harris Teeters), they were the best ever lemon cookies as they had the right amount of zing (the creme filling was super tangy) and sweet (the cookie was sweet). I used to make sure I had room in my luggage when I traveled to DC so I could pick up a few packs as we don't have Harris Teeter's in Central FL.

Pepperidge Farm Single Serving Deserts - Haven't seen these in over 25 years, and maybe they were just a west coast (US) thing, but they used to make these single serving cups with brownie, marshmallow, fudge and nuts - you popped them in the microwave for 30 seconds or so, and they were so delicious. I still look for them in the frozen foods aisle hoping they'd bring them back.

Oh, yea, also Harris Teeter's brand Pineapple Sherbet - super tangy and pineapple-y. Most pineapple sherbets are super bland. Think a whole tub of just the pineapple sherbet from Baskin Robbin's rainbow sherbet and you get the idea. Wish Baskin's would just package the pineapple sherbet without the raspberry and orange.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Some are no longer manufactured. Most are no longer being stocked by the local grocer. 2 years ago, bmfp, I sought for hard ribbon candy to have during the Christmas season. I could not find it at the grocer, I could not find any source of it online. It's easy enough to make it at home, and that's why it was somewhat popular in this part of the world. If I want some, I'll have to make it myself.

That link did have some ribbon candy. I elected not to pay for shipping, as I am not reminiscing that much.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Jello 1 2 3.
  • Misspinklift
    Misspinklift Posts: 384 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    6t76rkgejbrz.png

I don't know why they stop making them. I love these and I miss them
  • anjulajj
    anjulajj Posts: 148 Member