Not for the shy Vent Thread - Like/Awesome/Insightful/Woo buttons

Options

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    STLBADGIRL wrote: »
    Well, you know these buttons are relatively new. When they didn't exist, instead of wooing you, people told you why they thought you were full of bunk. This started alot of fights and threads were l-o-n-g............ The woo button was created to handle the bulk of all this. The threads were alot more interesting. Things are so tame now. I can't remember the last time I saw a "mean people" thread. They used to be at least weekly.

Wow. All that conflict solved by the addition of a 'woo' button.

Yes--isn't MFP great!

so far I'm loving it! To bad we can't apply that woo button to bring world peace.

Exactly, I wish the Woo button extended beyond MFP!!!!

Nobody knows what Woo means. It can also mean something good which is confusing so people could be wooing someone that they agree with. It's impossible to know.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Well, you know these buttons are relatively new. When they didn't exist, instead of wooing you, people told you why they thought you were full of bunk. This started alot of fights and threads were l-o-n-g............ The woo button was created to handle the bulk of all this. The threads were alot more interesting. Things are so tame now. I can't remember the last time I saw a "mean people" thread. They used to be at least weekly.

Yes--isn't MFP great!

so far I'm loving it! To bad we can't apply that woo button to bring world peace.

Nobody knows what Woo means. It can also mean something good which is confusing so people could be wooing someone that they agree with. It's impossible to know.

But it's provocative. It gets people going.
  • STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options

Yes--isn't MFP great!

I wish I could just Wooo at my husband in RL. Rolling my eyes is so much work.

Yes, rolling eyes is a lot of physical work. A Woooo button would be so beneficial in so many areas of my life.
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    What?

Follow along Hicks. Do you or do you not want to know who reacts to your posts? For example I awesome all your posts. Do you care to know this? Just kidding I don’t.

Hahhahahaaaa. I'm sure he doesn't care.
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

Yes--isn't MFP great!

It's all about perception. For instance, I have a lot of Woo Hoooo's in this thread! It's not how they intend it, it's how you perceive it.
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    You can see who reacts to your posts with MFP premium, among many other awesome features. This is how @Caporegiem knows whose DMs to slide into.

Can confirm, I can see names of who reacted on all of my posts.

@Caporegiem - My question to you is - do you like that added feature knowing who reacts to your post or you can do without the feature?

I liked it at first but it's usually the same people that react to my posts so it's not as exciting as it once was.

This just means you have a good solid friend base. But thanks for your response @Caporegiem
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    What?

Follow along Hicks. Do you or do you not want to know who reacts to your posts? For example I awesome all your posts. Do you care to know this? Just kidding I don’t.

What?
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

VERY very good point. And my gripe is not the Woo button - I can see how that can cause a lot of issues. But, I'm more so talking about the more on the positive buttons - but after listening to different opinions, I guess it's not a great idea. And I wished that curb my curiosity :/ But it doesn't.

Oh, and the "mean people" are still here.

I know, a "few" are left--thank goodness.
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options

VERY very good point. And my gripe is not the Woo button - I can see how that can cause a lot of issues. But, I'm more so talking about the more on the positive buttons - but after listening to different opinions, I guess it's not a great idea. And I wished that curb my curiosity :/ But it doesn't.

You know @snowflake954 - I'm really digging your your style! You Rock....And I hit the awesome button because this is some awesome ish!!!
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    What?

What?

Arrrrrrrrrrgh!
  • snowflake954
    Options

You know @snowflake954 - I'm really digging your your style! You Rock....And I hit the awesome button because this is some awesome ish!!!

OK--I'll awesome you right back!
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    We need a Snowflake button
    a MightNeedToSpeakWithAShrink button
    an OverlyEmotionallyInvestedInMFP button
    a WaitTilMyFriendsDogPileInHereToAwesomeThisPost button
    a VirtueSignaling Button
    a OhIThinkIKnowWhoYou'reTakingASwipeAt button
    and a OhIt'sYouAgainWithANewUserNameAndAvatar button

This might take the place of the mean people threads some of you are fondly reminiscing about.
    I think you should add:
    A Sarcastic button
    or
    A rolleyes button
  • serrouledward6457
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    I can't sleep
  • MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    I actually liked the site better without the like, woo etc. But then again I liked the site better in 2010.
  • snowflake954
    Options
    a VirtueSignaling Button

This might take the place of the mean people threads some of you are fondly reminiscing about.
    I think you should add:
    A Sarcastic button
    or
    A rolleyes button

At the very least yes. Those rudimentary buttons should have been added to MFP's community repertoire long ago.

Also we really should have a:

You'veBeenLawyered button;
    I'mAScientistAndYou'reAWalmartCashier button; and
    LookAtMe!IHaveSelfControlWithBirthdayCakeAndYouDon't button.

How about a "How can you type with that huge chip on your shoulder" button?
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    a VirtueSignaling Button

I think you should add:
    A Sarcastic button
    or
    A rolleyes button

At the very least yes. Those rudimentary buttons should have been added to MFP's community repertoire long ago.

Also we really should have a:

You'veBeenLawyered button;
    I'mAScientistAndYou'reAWalmartCashier button; and
    LookAtMe!IHaveSelfControlWithBirthdayCakeAndYouDon't button.

Or how about:
    LookAtMeLookAtMeLookAtMe button

It can be named something else. I was trying to keep it somewhat nice.