Beyond Meat...anyone tried it?

I had a coupon and picked up two Beyond Meat patties. Gonna grill them up this week. I am meat eater, don't get me wrong, just curious mostly and thinking about how I can help reduce the impact of beef on the environment.

Replies

• Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    I tried the beyond meat chikn strips and I didn't really care for them by themselves. In a stir fry or salad maybe but I wouldn't eat it plain ever!
  • maura_tasi
    maura_tasi Posts: 196 Member
    I didn't love the beyond meat products on their own. I imagine they'd taste better if I added some toppings or mixed it in with something. That was just my opinion. I have tons of friends who are vegetarian or vegan and they enjoy this brand. Personally, if I'm choosing to eat a meat alternative I prefer the morning star brand
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    I'm a longtime vegetarian and I didn't care for Beyond Meat. I prefer Gardein. I do think, though, that as a meat eater you might like the burger patties more than I did.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,992 Member
    I like the burgers, but the crumbles taste weird. The Gardein products are very good. The crab cakes are pretty delish. The ground crumbles fake out my kids so it's a win for me.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    My meat eating husband likes Beyond Meat stuff. I'm a vegetarian and love it. I can't eat most of the other lines due to food intolerances.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    I like it pretty well, although I haven't had the beyond burger (too expensive to be worth it for me) and have only had things like the chicken-style strips, beef crumble, and beast burgers. I don't think any of them are amazing, but they're okay.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    My meat eating husband likes Beyond Meat stuff. I'm a vegetarian and love it. I can't eat most of the other lines due to food intolerances.

I believe you are Celiac, Yes? So are my hubby and daughter so finding meat alternatives without gluten is a chore.
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    The Beyond Meat Beyond Burger is the *kitten* *kitten*! I think it is the best veggie burger I've had. Even had one tonight. I like the Feisty Crumbles too. Haven't had any strips b/c I am allergic to soy.
  • mullintj
    mullintj Posts: 4 Member
    Yes, and I love all their stuff I've tried (nearly all of it). The burgers are amazing, but my partner thinks they smell like cat food (they're kind of correct). Also, all the Beyond stuff is a bit expensive. But I really appreciate the fact that I don't have to worry about nonvegan ingredients OR animal testing with the whole company. And it's good for impressing carnists (like my girlfriend).
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Not a fan, didn't find it much like meat.

Impossible Burger is better, for my taste.
  • emmylootwo
    emmylootwo Posts: 172 Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt5sCDgggWs

One of my favorite youtubers emmymadeinjapan has reviewed the Beyond Burger. She's pretty great at explaining what foods taste like and what textures they have. Just wanted to share in case you're interested in seeing the meat and whatnot.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Is it the Beyond Burger? I love that thing. Do pay attention to the cooking instructions, this is one product where it really matters.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    thecharon wrote: »
    Great video. But $7 to $8 for two burgers. The nutrition seems to be equal to regular ground beef (not lean beef) when it came to calories, total fat, and saturated fat.

That's by intention. It's meant to help replicate the experience of eating a burger made of regular ground beef.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited November 2017

I believe you are Celiac, Yes? So are my hubby and daughter so finding meat alternatives without gluten is a chore.

Yup. I'm also soy intolerant, so I have an extra challenge with vegetarian meat replacements!

Sadly this means I can't eat the Beyond Meat chicken strips, but all the beef replacement products are fine.
  • jasminnatale
    jasminnatale Posts: 30 Member
    I love meat and burgers are my weakness but I actually liked the burger. Added a little worchtishire and garlic salt. I missed how juicy beef burgers are but I loaded it up with all the toppings and enjoyed myself. I made tacos out of the meat crumbles and they were tastey I just added a little salt and cayenne to boost the flavor a bit.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    I think I have some of the chicken and it is meh and I won't buy it again. That seems to be the case with most fake chicken though. Except the Morningstar buffalo nuggets, those are great.
  • mom2colbyj
    mom2colbyj Posts: 119 Member
    I love the Beyond Burger (actually making one for my dinner tonight) but not really any of the other products. I try and stay far away from soy but I did try the chik'n and was less than impressed but I also felt that way about the Gardein products and everyone raves about them.
  • iheartralphie
    iheartralphie Posts: 104 Member
    Love beyond meat! They have recipes o n their website that are helpful as well. Also gardein and quorn. Quorn chicken cutlets and turkey roast are amazing