What fitness tracker/watch do you use?

Options
I currently have a Fitbit Alta, and while I love it, I have realized I don't know anything about the other fit gear out there!
The Alta is slim, and light, and comfortable on my skin. I find the steps tracker accurate, and the reminders to "get up and move" surprisingly helpful!
But even so, I'd like to upgrade to something with a few more features!

What do you use?
What are it's features?
How do you like it?

Replies

• fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Only Garmin are useful for people like me who swim a lot.
    I finally Gave in and bought a Fenix 5X.
    This watch also has useful features for hikers. Topographical maps built in, and greets you back to your starting point if you should Wander off the trail.
    Butt like all "step trackers" it tracks wrist movement. So if you're day job involves a lot of worst movement, your step count will be easy off.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    Strava.

And occasionally a pedometer.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    fishgutzy wrote: »
    Butt like all "step trackers" it tracks wrist movement. So if you're day job involves a lot of worst movement, your step count will be easy off.

Yeah, I've heard that knitters can log a whole lot of steps when they get going on a pair of socks or a scarf. :)

• aliyusaf
    aliyusaf Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Fenix 3. I looked into buying the Fenix 5 but couldn't justify the cost as I already owned the 3.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    fitbit charge 2, love it
  • dkewatson
    dkewatson Posts: 1,415 Member
    Options
    Fenix 3HR
  • andymillne
    andymillne Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Fenix 5
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    For me,

I use

Garmin Vivoactive(gen 1) with a Wahoo TICKR basic chest strap.

https://www.amazon.com/Garmin-Vivoactive-Black-Certified-Refurbished/dp/B014MO61ES/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1510575158&sr=8-7&keywords=Vivoactive

https://www.amazon.com/Wahoo-TICKR-Monitor-iPhone-Android/dp/B00INQVYZ8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1510575219&sr=8-1&keywords=wahoo+HRM

Step tracking
    GPS
    Garmin Connect
    HR Tracking(BLE and ANT+)
    Fancy watch face options.
    Long Battery life

I recommend it to friends, and Absolutely love it.

Budget permitting, I'll be moving to one of the premium Garmin trackers eventually
  • tlpina82
    tlpina82 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have a Fenix 5x (Garmin) and it's cool, but I would not buy it today. It's very expensive and the wrist HR is very inaccurate in HIIT and other impact training.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I love my Tom Tom Spark 3 with Cardio and Music...it's GPS Enabled, Bluetooth headset compatible, and holds music independently. If it would unlock my doors, it would be the only thing I had to carry on a run. I specifically like it for trail running, with the tracking and GPS ability.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I use the Fitbit Flex 2.

I like that it is fairly small, waterproof and has a decent battery life. It was also fairly cheap. Its not super fancy, but it does what I want it to do, which is track my steps and remind me to get up and movie.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin Fenix 3 HR and love it. It has a continuous HRM and calculates calories burned 24 hours per day and calculates performance metrics, counts steps and stairs ascended, has GPS, tracks sleep, has an altimeter, barometer, and temp sensor, is waterproof to 100m so you can track swims, integrates with your phone through Bluetooth, and a lot of other functions. It has a long battery life and the associated phone app is easy to use. It also has customizable watch faces and you can change watch bands so it can coordinate with pretty much anything you wear (at work, social events, etc.)
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I have been using a Garmin Forerunner 15 and plan to upgrade to a 35 so I can have longer battery life. It does steps, HR, GPS and various running functions.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    tlpina82 wrote: »
    ... and the wrist HR is very inaccurate in HIIT and other impact training.

Shock, horror. Device being used for something it's not designed for, doesn't do thing it's not designed for...
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options

What do you use?
    What are it's features?
    How do you like it?

Forerunner 735XT and a Garmin HRM Tri or HRM Swim. And for cycling an Edge 520.

The 735XT gives me all the routine activity tracking, GPS for running and open water swimming, pool swimming and cycling.

My main issue is that the 12 hour GPS life is a little short for middle distance ultra running so I need to charge it on the fly.
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Alta for everyday day use, then a flex 2 for swimming.
  • xrunlukerunx
    xrunlukerunx Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Suunto Ambit 2R. Use for all my running, GPS is accurate, I can charge it on the go on my long long runs, hooks up with Strava/Movescount, can upload routes to it and see where I am at any given moment & gives me the altitude
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    fishgutzy wrote: »
    Only Garmin are useful for people like me who swim a lot.
    I finally Gave in and bought a Fenix 5X.
    This watch also has useful features for hikers. Topographical maps built in, and greets you back to your starting point if you should Wander off the trail.

Garmin is good for people like me who run a lot as well. Not just swimming.

As for step trackers... that's why they invented ones that sit on your hip. But then I wear my garmin 235, my fitbit one & my fitbit flex. Guess what one on my non-dominant hand tracks better?
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I have been using a Garmin Forerunner 15 and plan to upgrade to a 35 so I can have longer battery life. It does steps, HR, GPS and various running functions.

Go right fr something like the 735XT. The 35 does not have great battery life, Or go for the 235....
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    tlpina82 wrote: »
    I have a Fenix 5x (Garmin) and it's cool, but I would not buy it today. It's very expensive and the wrist HR is very inaccurate in HIIT and other impact training.

The accessory cuffed strap HR transmitter is said to be more actuate for that. Manny HRM's have trouble with HIIT or other exercises that intermittently spike the heart rate.
    I love mine. But i mostly swim. And for that it is accurate.
    When i get home from this China trip ill check out the hiking function.