Regain after Gastric Bypass

Options

Replies

• merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I haven't had WLS but I believe that it is just one tool, though a helpful one I am sure to lose weight. Your mind, if you have a binge eating disorder, will still be the same. If doesn't change your brain. How often are people eating when they are not hungry in general? JMHO
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    @Aaron_K123 I wasn't trying to call you out, I just wanted to share my perspective and acknowledge that I do think you are being respectful about the situation and I appreciate that.
  • jnmalsch
    jnmalsch Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have not read all the comment but I glanced at a few. Why did I choose gastric bypass. Because I had yo yod my whole life I lost over 100 pounds on my own many time for it to come back. I was at the point where I had plantar fasciitis so bad I couldn't walk in the morning. My feet and legs hurts ALL day every day. One day I was laying in bed watching my 4 year old play alone outside and I knew something had to be done NOW. I went to a seminar and was presented with the "weight stays off" thing and went for it. I went from 330 to 199 in 7 months.
    Life changed then. I started dating. Dating is what led to the weight creeping on. I regained 30 over the next 12 months. I met a man fell in love GOT COMFORTABLE. never shared my weight loss journey with him and accompanied him on fast food and restaurant trips almost nightly. little by little the weight came back. we got married I stopped caring about weight and before I knew it had gained 60 that year.
    We are now trying to get back to healthy together but I wondered what effect my previous surgery would have.
    I saw my dietician and was recommended 800-1000 calories and 100 g of protein a day.
  • jnmalsch
    Options
    also I believe the biggest sabbatoge was alcohol. liquid calories
  • jnmalsch
    Options
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    Quasita wrote: »
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    Yeah I'll just say without experience or a lot of knowledge of all the options and why people would opt to do something like this it is probably better that I don't weigh in. I'll admit I don't understand how surgery is a fix to the underlying issues rather than the symptoms, but that is okay this isn't about me understanding it is about you seeking advice from people who might have suggestions that do understand your situation. Since that isn't me I probably shouldn't have said anything so if I made you uncomfortable at all my apologies.

As for the OP not weighing in I understand that I just chose to apologize to the OP if I at all offended them because your posts did rightfully point out I don't have experience or full understanding of all that goes along with weightloss surgery. The OP was the one asking for advice not you so I apologized to her.

I don't get offended :) I wish MFP gave you notification like FB and I could have responded throughout the thread better
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    That's a lesson. Thank you for sharing. I'm interested in someone now and fortunately he's really thin and doesn't each much. There is no temptation when we go out. But I haven't mentioned I'm trying to lose. We aren't serious but if it does I will tell him. I haven't told anyone about my dieting except my mom.

It's good that your husband is supportive.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I met the last few boyfriends at social dancing venues, so not an issue for me.. (a night out for us would typically be dancing somewhere and hopefully fewer drinks than we burn off. More often than not at either a social hall with no food on offer or a bar where the food is decidedly not worth the calories and would take time away from the dancing).