Fairly New and Need Suggestions

Options
I am fairly new here. I joined the beginning of the year, but never did anything on this site until last week. I love it here!

I have had a little set back though. This morning after my workout, I stopped to get a coffee for the ride to work and I fell flat on my face in the parking lot. There was an issue with the parking lot being uneven. Needless to say, I injured my hand and wrist and both knees are pretty painful. I just hope I don't lose my momentum of exercising until I can heal.

Any suggestions on what to do? I normally do strength training 3 days a week which is out of the question. I couldn't lift a weight in my left hand now to save my life. For my cardio I ride a stationary bike and treadmill. I am thinking I could still do the bike. Any ideas?

Replies

• Nswilk
    Nswilk Posts: 27
    Options
    Since hand is hurt it would be good to work on core, back, and leg muscles. These are your biggest muscles anyways and there are a lot of machines that can work those specific areas that do not need more then one hand to change the pins. If that does not work I would just bump cardio up.
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Rest for a couple of days, let the knees get a little better, it won't kill you. Once you feel you're ready try to use the bike and do some cardio to at least maintain your current aerobic level. If it doens't hurt you can also do some walking.

You can also try core muscles workouts, like abs, lower and upper back that don't involve weights.

Another option is yoga.
  • Motorgirl6
    Options
    Thanks, but I don't have a gym membership. I used to, but it got too expensive, so I made my garage into a gym. I have a bike, treadmill and weights.
  • Motorgirl6
    Options
    Thanks!