Weight won't budge. Help!

Options
Hey everyone, I've been doing a 1200 calorie diet for two weeks. I have changed my diet completely. I eat tons of fresh veggies, fresh fruit, good carbs, and uped my protein. I measure/weigh all my foods so all my calorie logging is pretty accurate. I have worked out for 13 days the past two weeks. I am currently doing the 30 day shred program and I also run a mile right after. I only drink water and my only cheat is my cup of coffee in the morning. My beginning weight was 127.9 and I am trying to lose 10 lbs. Two weeks into this and my weight is 127.9, fat percentage is 30.5 and my waist measurement is 29" at the smallest hourglass point. All of these measurements haven't budged. What am I doing wrong?!? Any suggestions?

Replies

• Famof72015
    Famof72015 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? Are you using a scale?
  • snallred0102
    snallred0102 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and yes i am using a withings scale that measures your weight, fat %, and water %. It syncs with this app too.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    how is coffee a cheat? lololol

7vulhejg77aw.jpg
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    Don't look at BF% on the scale. Those are notoriously wrong, and should be used as a guideline at BEST.

I think PP was asking if you're using a FOOD scale for all your food.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Two weeks is a bit early to worry, but if you open your diary we may be able to help you troubleshoot your logging.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    How often are you weighing yourself?

It's possible you are retaining water which is hiding any fat lose.
  • ptcampgymokc
    ptcampgymokc Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I would recommend getting a skin fold test prior to deciding how to proceed. Also, in the event you need to make adjustment, depending on your body type replacing some of the fruit with more veggies might be a way to go but we will not be sure until you get a real body composition measurement.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Agree if you aren't' weighting your food you need to, however it has only been 2 weeks. You are already at a normal BMI so weight loss will be slower.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    You just started working out and on top of that have only had one rest day. Is 1200 gross? So there's likely a few things happening. Water retention from new exercise and water retention from cortisol because you're super stressing your body with so many changes all at once and underfueling.
  • snallred0102
    Options
    In answer to all the questions... I am using a food scale. I have a bowl of watermelon or an apple a day and maybe half a banana. I said coffee was my cheat cause I can't drink it without sugar and creamer.
  • snallred0102
    Options
    1200 is the amount I eat and when exercising I eat the calorie difference to add back up to 1200.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    1200 is the amount I eat and when exercising I eat the calorie difference to add back up to 1200.

How are you obtaining the numbers for your calorie deficit?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

How many calories are you actually eating each day?
  • WhereIsPJSoles
    WhereIsPJSoles Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I'm around the same stats as you and I think you're expecting too much too soon. Because we're short and not overweight our actual caloric needs to drop say 2 lbs a week is below what is safe and recommended so just go ahead and throw that idea out and go down to the most you could possibly do being 1 lb a week. So that would mean say doing things absolutely perfectly at this point you would have seen a 2 lb loss. Which is so easily masked with daily variances. I regularly step on the scale two mornings in a row and see 2-3 lb differences.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Since the weight you're trying to lose is "vanity weight" as you're already at a healthy weight, a reasonable expectation is that you'll lose no more than .5 or even .25 lbs per week.

Which means that you'll need to be committed and dedicated to accurate and precise logging and will likely need to wait as much as 8 weeks to see provable scale change.
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    up the calories and try weightlifting
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    It's only two weeks, especially as a female that can be too soon to see a drop.
  • sdolan91
    sdolan91 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You can probably up your calories. Not that 1,200 calories is bad, but you can probably eat more honestly.
    New exercises come with water retention, the scale's not gonna move for awhile.
    Measure your food. Measure yourself. Give it time.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    In answer to all the questions... I am using a food scale. I have a bowl of watermelon or an apple a day and maybe half a banana. I said coffee was my cheat cause I can't drink it without sugar and creamer.

Whether you're eating a bowl of watermelon or a bowl of ice cream a day doesn't matter for weight loss, nor does adding cream and sugar to your coffee. What matters is eating at a deficit.

Everyone has given you reasonable explanations - water weight, very little weight to lose so it will be slow and easily masked. You have to be very accurate with logging and calculation of your exercise calories. If you would open your diary, it would help with the advice you're given.