Walk to Mordor

Options

Replies

• GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I just used the snow blower, to me that is a walk. 1.17 miles!
  • Faelwyn_the_Rising_Phoenix
    Options
    I just used the snow blower, to me that is a walk. 1.17 miles!

Hey, whatever gets you moving. :) My walk today was super slow, because my body is being a brat; but I made my step count. ;)

2.08 Miles today

My Progress:

Bag End: Completed :p
    Tookland: Completed
    Encounter with Black Rider: Completed
    Meet the Elves: Completed
    Edge of Farmer Maggot’s Field: 91.82% Miles to go: 4.99

30018749.png

• Jokeen16
    Jokeen16 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I love the app im 11.53 miles from being captured by the barrow wights. I use mapmyrun to recordmmy route and then just add the milage in to the walk to mordor app
    Faelwyn_the_Rising_Phoenix Posts: 372 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Joshearing wrote: »
    I love the app im 11.53 miles from being captured by the barrow wights. I use mapmyrun to recordmmy route and then just add the milage in to the walk to mordor app

You're really doing well! That's a good system you have going as well. :)

30018749.png
  • capwever
    capwever Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This looks so fun! Will definitely be using it (using Track My Walk for cals/distance). Thanks for the headsup!
    Options
    capwever wrote: »
    This looks so fun! Will definitely be using it (using Track My Walk for cals/distance). Thanks for the headsup!

@capwever You're welcome!

30018749.png
    Options
    1.94 Miles today

My Progress:

Edge of Farmer Maggot’s Field: 95% Miles to go: 3.05

30018749.png
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Someone told me about the "Run Zombie" app. It's very cool too.it tells a story as you walk.
    So I am running (well walking actually) away from zombies and also following Frodo and Sam's journey at the same time!
    Options
    Someone told me about the "Run Zombie" app. It's very cool too.it tells a story as you walk.
    So I am running (well walking actually) away from zombies and also following Frodo and Sam's journey at the same time!

Zombies and LoTR combined...that sounds quite interesting. :D
    jwebb949 wrote: »
    Whoa, there's an app for this? I've been using a spreadsheet.

09/23/2016 - Started the Challenge
    7/18/2017 - Destroyed the one Ring
    9/29/2017 - Returned to Isengard
    10/29/2017 - Part way back to Rivendell (last time I manually updated the spreadsheet)

So far I've walked/ran 2480.10 miles, going from barely finishing couch to 5k sessions to completing my first 1/2 marathon in 1:56:58 last week.

Wow! Great job! B)
    30018749.png

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! So, I started using this app called Walk to Mordor and I'm loving it! So far I've walked from Hobbitton to Tookland and am now 12.42 miles away from Encounter with the Black Rider.
    With the app you log your miles (or km) and it calculates them into where you would be on the journey that Frodo and Sam took in LOTR. :) The whole journey is 1,932 miles which is gonna be over a year for me. :o
    Who wants to travel with me?

Y'know, I could literally do this, because I live in New Zealand ;). In fact, I used to be able to see the location for the encounter with the Black Rider from my bedroom at my old house (spoiler, it's in the middle of Wellington city). It would take a hella long time to do for real though, those locations are spread all over NZ, with a lot of back and forth!
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh I love this, I just downloaded the app!
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    Does anyone just input their miles from your fitbit at the end of the day for this?
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Hey everyone! So, I started using this app called Walk to Mordor and I'm loving it! So far I've walked from Hobbitton to Tookland and am now 12.42 miles away from Encounter with the Black Rider.
    With the app you log your miles (or km) and it calculates them into where you would be on the journey that Frodo and Sam took in LOTR. :) The whole journey is 1,932 miles which is gonna be over a year for me. :o
    Who wants to travel with me?

Y'know, I could literally do this, because I live in New Zealand ;). In fact, I used to be able to see the location for the encounter with the Black Rider from my bedroom at my old house (spoiler, it's in the middle of Wellington city). It would take a hella long time to do for real though, those locations are spread all over NZ, with a lot of back and forth!

Hahaha Really?!? Right in the middle of a city? :D

So, would it be more or less miles if you were to travel to all the filming locations?
    Oh my gosh I love this, I just downloaded the app!

:)
    Does anyone just input their miles from your fitbit at the end of the day for this?

I input my Garmin Vivofit miles at the end of the day. :)

30018749.png

• lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options

That’s what I do.

I have 4.33 miles in today. About 1/2 way to the encounter with the black rise.
    Faelwyn_the_Rising_Phoenix Posts: 372 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    lowjax75 wrote: »

That’s what I do.

I have 4.33 miles in today. About 1/2 way to the encounter with the black rise.

Great job!

30018749.png
    Options
    1.94 Miles today (These low counts are killing me.... :/ )

My Progress:

Edge of Farmer Maggot’s Field: 98.21% Miles to go: 1.09

30018749.png
  • capwever
    capwever Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Still at walking speed, but I could reach Tookland today if I really push myself! Only 1.78 miles; I normally average 1.46 so hopefully I can get myself there.
    Options
    capwever wrote: »
    Still at walking speed, but I could reach Tookland today if I really push myself! Only 1.78 miles; I normally average 1.46 so hopefully I can get myself there.

Go go go! B)

30018749.png