So signed up at the gym October 26th...

Options
SexyManTrackingCalories
SexyManTrackingCalories Posts: 29 Member
edited November 2017 in Success Stories
And have gone everyday sense, lost about 20 pounds, and have increased strength on every single exercise movement.

:-)

If I can get off on a good start, so can you!

Stay motivated even on the "low" days!!!

Replies

• alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    Well done. That's a great start on a lifelong habit.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    You're doing terrific and have such a winner's attitude--BOOM! B)B)B)
  • Chanda2BFit
    Chanda2BFit Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You’re off to a great start!
  • SexyManTrackingCalories
    Options
    Well done. That's a great start on a lifelong habit.
    pogiguy05 wrote: »
    Very nice start and I have had a gym membership for ages just not the motivation. I started back Oct. 1st and have been to the gym as much as possible. I have lost about 10 lbs and have 40 to go.

Even at 51yo I have noticed I have gained strength and I like the way i feel. The best days I think I have had are the ones where I did not feel like going but made myself go.
    The more you go the more motivated you get in my opinion. Weight loss at your age is extremely inspiring, honestly good for you! 10lbs is just the beginning my friend =] Gaining strength is key. Weightless will occur more naturally the more anabolic muscle tissue you have.

1) Stay committed, don't let gym be a obstacle for you, make it a time to get away and accelerate your well-being.
    2) Keep hitting the weights hard. My approach to every workout is to ether add a rep, add weight, or both! The little jumps is what to strive for.
    ttreit wrote: »
    I made a deal with myself that I have to physically go to the gym every day. No exceptions. However, once I get there I can turn around and go home without doing anything with no guilt. My only "rule" is I have to walk in the door every single day. So far the thing I like about it is that it's not mentally taxing. I don't argue with myself about it, I just drive my butt over there and see what happens after I walk in the door.
    Well my suggestion to you is exactly what I wrote above: "Stay committed, don't let gym be a obstacle for you, make it a time to get away and accelerate your well-being."

The gym is filled with people from all shapes and sizes, point is, all types of people go there to better themselves for the short, mid, and long term. No matter what, you fit in. Believe me when I say this, you have what it takes to change your life for the better, let the gym be the tool as you apply the work.

Don't let yourself overthink the scenario, you're better than that. Simply go in to come out better. You're already fortunate enough to have a membership, have transportation, and the understanding that you need to exercise. ALL that's left is for you to apply yourself. Make that move buddy, one day your move to better yourself will motivate the person next to you do to the same. GOOD LUCK!!
    You're doing terrific and have such a winner's attitude--BOOM! B)B)B)
    :D
    You’re off to a great start!
    :DD
    Options
    New low weigh in today btw! ;)
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I made a deal with myself that I have to physically go to the gym every day. No exceptions. However, once I get there I can turn around and go home without doing anything with no guilt. My only "rule" is I have to walk in the door every single day. So far the thing I like about it is that it's not mentally taxing. I don't argue with myself about it, I just drive my butt over there and see what happens after I walk in the door.

@ttreit - this is so sensible! maybe my goal for 2017
  • ttreit
    ttreit Posts: 59 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Oops double post
  • ttreit
    ttreit Posts: 59 Member
    Options

@ttreit - this is so sensible! maybe my goal for 2017

It’s working really well so far.

Earlier this week I hadn’t had much sleep and only did half an hour on the treadmill (45 min is my normal minimum - I’m walking not running) but instead of feeling disappointed I felt great because if you go every day there’s always tomorrow where you can do more.
    Options
    ^ Facts.
    :-)
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Terry Crews makes a similar recommendation.

https://www.mensfitness.com/life/entertainment/workout-advice-terry-crews

Go and read a magazine if that's all you feel like.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!