Not losing weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    lc101186 wrote: »
    Lately ive been off guard as had alot going on etc but I eat... 2 teas with a dash of milk for breakfast, lunch yoghurt, eggs, 1 rash bacon sometimes changes, I may add spoonful of beans or a slice of brown bread, dinner, Home made stuff which is normally baked not fried, I really dont eat alot at all??

I made a recipe last night that I figured would be super low in calories, zucchini noodles with roasted vegetables and goat cheese. A "Serving" was around 1/4 a cup and that was low calories but to actually fill up it was around 550 (oil, butter and goat cheese made up a majority of this especially the oil from roasting the veggies) But 550 from dinner, is almost half of the calories of 1,200 its really easy to over eat, even when eating healthy

I would argue that this is why 1200 calories is too low for almost everyone.

I agree I tried the 1,200 calories for awhile, I didnt last long eventually you realize its just not enough food
  • mgalsf12
    mgalsf12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all your advice, I will measure and weigh everything. Fingers crossed this works.
    Of course it will work, but you have to be honest with yourself and actually weigh everything. If you are 5' 7", 210 pounds and not losing weight, I would guess that you are actually consuming over 2000 calories a day. Personally I find it difficult to only eat 1200 calories a day, I'm averaging 1350.
  • Dazzler21
    Dazzler21 Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Hi im Leanne, im 5"7 and weigh 210lbs, im on An intake of 1200cals and the weight isnt coming off. I excercise most Days, other Days my mental health takes over and I just dont have the energy. I Was told on a 1200c intake id lose weight even without excercise. Ive tried everything, cutting out fat in meals eating better etc but its not shifting, anyone with any advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

You need to specifically weigh out and measure portions - Otherwise you simply do not know how many calories you're taking in. You also need to make sure you're not drinking in the calories. This is where many people fail. They drink back all their calories whether through alcohol, juices or squashes.
  • jjtweb
    jjtweb Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. Stahls are super head games! I had a trainer suggest something to me so I gave it a shot and either it worked or timing was impeccable. I began HIT recumbant biking (I have a bad knee so I use the recumbant bike). I warm up for five minutes spend twenty minuts at thirty seconds each going back and forth and to get my high intensity I shoot for two miles or more faster. Then I cool down for five minutes. I do other work outs but they don't really push my weight loss they more help me gain balance, stability and strength. But doing the HIT ride within two days pushed me off a stahl that had me nearly crazy. Not saying this is full proof but if your already exercising give it a try, it's more fun to then just your normal stroll.
  • Dazzler21
    Dazzler21 Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Da Frick is a stahl? do you mean a stall or a plateau?
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Dazzler21 wrote: »

Pretty sure it's a chain saw... Nope, that Stihl.

104f438c1a4645cb924ed8d1c19663e3.jpg
  • lc101186
    lc101186 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    [/quote]They drink back all their calories whether through alcohol, juices or squashes.[/quote] I dont drink alcohol, or anything other than tea with 1 sweetner.

• lc101186
    Options
    ^^obviously havent be doing this long
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Dazzler21 wrote: »

Pretty sure it's a chain saw... Nope, that Stihl.

104f438c1a4645cb924ed8d1c19663e3.jpg

Ahhh, that's where I went wrong. I thought he meant Staal.

i7msptfwa5r5.jpg
  • lc101186
    Options
    Woohoo weighed myself today, 2lbs off, not much but its a start. Thanks guys.
  • lc101186
    Options
    Anymore advice to.lose it quicker would be greatly appreciated :smiley:
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    Maybe opening your food diary here so that we can see if your weighing, measuring, and logging of food is accurate.

Don't worry about losing quickly. Learning proper portion control and building sustainable habits should be the focus. Clearly you're eating more than 1200 calories a day right now, so seeing your actual calorie intake and finding one that is healthy for you should be your first step.
  • lc101186
    Options
    I have a busy schedule with 3boys to look after so dont log properly Except ny excecise which is synced by map my run, Ive weighed again this morning (I know I shouldnt) and ive lost another 2lb? 4lb in 2Days seems a bit much but its better than what I Was losing so clearly doing something right?
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Woohoo weighed myself today, 2lbs off, not much but its a start. Thanks guys.

2lbs off in a week is awesome and the best you can expect. This is a long game. Marathon not sprint