1 pound a week & 60 min a day workout (CLOSED)

Options

Replies

• onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Options

Also, some days I go under my calorie goal which is exacerbated when I exercise. Am I supposed to try and eat all my calories or just stick to what I'm eating and hope the calorie deficit converts into weight loss? Is there a minimum amount I'm supposed to be eating? Feel free to look at my diary I'm pretty good about using it (except last weekend oof).

It is my opinion that you need to eat a minimum of 1200 cals (my suggested cal count from MFP) I believe you need to fuel your body in order to keep it running, and to keep losing. At first, I was right at 1200 cals a day, total, not net. I lost 14 lbs, then stalled. I started to eat back my workout cals & the weight has started coming off again. I don't eat em all back, but I don't feel bad eating more that 1200 total. I still have not net 1200 cals but once or twice. The smaller you get, the harder it is to get it just right.
  • onehecticmom
    Options
    so, I missed my class this morning. I woke up at 4:30, then decided sleep was more important. I will go tonight. Although, I still tossed & turned & don't think I got much more sleep. Prob would have been better off just going to class. I feel sluggish today. I can't believe I am not passing out when my head hits the pillow. I am considering taking a sleeping pill tonight. I NEED a good nights sleep :o(

Good luck to everyone today
  • acarter86
    acarter86 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    So I am doing great with calorie part and I'm making healthier choices. But I am just not motivated this week to exercise! Im hoping I will find that motivation soon.
  • niebla
    niebla Posts: 71
    Options
    acarter86:

Motivation comes AFTER action most of the time. Say to yourself: I will do it for just 5 minutes, and after I will decide if I want to do another few minutes. Most often than not you will find you want to carry on. The most difficult part of an activity is to start doing it. Give it a try!
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm late...

July 25th: 205.0
    Aug 1st: 200.5
    Aug 8th:
  • niebla
    Options
    CoComa: That is a fantastic loss! well done!

My workout today:

Walking, 3.0 mph, mod. pace, walking dog 90min 336 cal
    Kickboxing (including Turbo Jam) 20min 228 cal
    Mild stretching 12min 34 cal
    Running (jogging), 6 mph (10 min mile) 21min 237 cal

Daily Total 143 min

I have managed to keep within my calorie allowance for the last 2 weeks or so.
    I am starting to notice I am getting fitter and my body is responding better :)

How did everyone else do? Are you managing to get those 60 minutes a day?
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    How did everyone else do? Are you managing to get those 60 minutes a day?

It has been really tough this week, but I've been moving every day. Today my workout will be at the gym...cardio and weights.
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I just have time for a quick check-in. Hope you are all doing well! I got my exercise in the past two days... Elliptical and bike and some weightlifting. I also have been doing special workouts for my knee so I can start running again soon! It sucks not being able to train... I just keep telling myself I have till October and the doctor made it seem like I should be ok to run in a couple weeks. He said I may even be able to do a day or two next week!

Good luck tomorrow everyone!

Nicole
  • aLatz13
    aLatz13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    So I feel like this week was doomed from the start due to TOM and moving. I did go for another run this morning (4 miles!) and hopefully when i make the drive from the east coast to the midwest I dont make horrible eating choices. I probably wont be able to check in for a few days, just log my food from my phone so everyone keep up a great week!!!
  • onehecticmom
    Options
    I made it to my 60 minute kickboxing class last night & 60 minute kettlebells class this morning. I was able to sleep better last night as well :o)
    I know it's not monday, but I hit a milestone on the scale. I am at 165.8. I have been dieting off & on for the past 5 years & never made it under 166. I would get right there & something would happen... 2 years ago I went on vacation. It stayed off until I got back from vaca last year. Before that I got to 166 & then got preggers with my son. SO, this is big news. I still have a month before my vaca in Sept, so better be down in the 150's by then... & no more babies for me

Good Luck to all

aLatz13 - where u moving to? I am in IA
  • vjhanson5
    vjhanson5 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Those places where we haven't been at for a looong time that we're getting back to may not be our goals but it sure does feel good to get there! Keep up the good work..
  • onehecticmom
    Options
    I must be insane. I decided last night to go for another round of kettlebells. Then I made it to my 60 minute lower body class this morning. I am certainly feeling it. Good thing it's friday. I have yoga tomorrow & then may take a walk sunday, but no guarantees.
  • niebla
    Options
    Hello!
    Yesterday I went to the beach and did lots of walking and swimming. I didn't eat very well though, lots of biscuits and crisps, but one day won't make much of a difference and I know that I have to include "special" day as part of my new lifestyle.

Monday is round the corner!
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! I've been doing so well with the hour of working out!! Yesterday I only got 50 minutes in due to the fact that the gym closed a little early but if I add stretching I would be well over 50 min. lol. Great job to everyone keeping up! Weigh in Monday! 2 more days to push it!
  • niebla
    Options
    Hello there!
    Tomorrow is weigh in day!

Yesterday I exercised a lot: Turbofire, swimming, walking, cleaning and dancing. A total of 3 hours.
    I should eat less biscuits and bread though.
    Let's see where I am at tomorrow.

HAve a great Sunday!
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    Hey group, I hope you are all having a great Sunday!

Yesterday was a day spent at the gym, and today was a relaxing moderate/light bike ride at the lake. The weather has been nice and cool, so I've been opting for outdoor exercise versus the gym.
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    Hey group, I hope you are all having a great Sunday!

Yesterday was a day spent at the gym, and today was a relaxing moderate/light bike ride at the lake. The weather has been nice and cool, so I've been opting for outdoor exercise versus the gym.
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    Wow, not sure why or how my post repeated...hmmmm
  • lval82
    lval82 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow! Everyone is doing so well! I've gotten my hour in most days this past week. I went to brunch with some of my hungover friends (I didn't go out last night because I knew I'd blow what had been a great food day). I ended up eating all of my daily calories at that one meal. Disappointing. To make up for it, though, I pushed myself to run 3 miles and walk 1.5 (for a total of 60 minutes). Earned back enough calories to eat cereal for dinner. Feeling better about the day overall, but worried about tomorrow's weigh-in.
  • niebla
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    Well, I haven't lost much this week

08/01/11 68.1 kg (150.1 lb)

Current Weight - 68 kg . (149.9 lb)

But I measured and have lost 2-3 cms in most places.
    It must be that I am gaining muscle. I have worked out 2-3 hours a day the past week and haven't overeating. Turbofire is pretty intense and I can tell I am fitter.

How did you do?

Anyway, I will eat less biscuits and bread this week.