Exercising how long should I wait.

Options
chrisfuentes2005
chrisfuentes2005 Posts: 295 Member
edited November 2017 in Fitness and Exercise
I usually go on a hour brisk walk eveyday first thing in the morning but didn't get to and wanted to know if i should wait 2 hours after eating

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

....for what?
    I usually go on a hour brisk walk eveyday first thing in the morning but didn't get to and wanted to know if i should wait 2 hours

• 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    You can walk immediately after a meal.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    huh?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Two hours after what?
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Two hours after what?

honestly this question made me realize the answer makes no difference in any scenario i can think of. No dont wait 2 hours go do whatever tf it is now. gogogogo
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    This is my confused face.
  • chrisfuentes2005
    Options
    Oops sorry everyone after eating
  • aeloine
    Options

Only if you're uncomfortable working out after eating.

I can't workout unless I've recently eaten. Working out on an empty stomach makes me feel awful. It's the other way around for others. Pay attention to your body.
  • chrisfuentes2005
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »

I can't workout unless I've recently eaten. Working out on an empty stomach makes me feel awful. It's the other way around for others. Pay attention to your body.

Is a hour and half good some say 3 to 4 hours you should wait.
  • aeloine
    Options

Literally, if YOU want to wait that long, you can. *I* don't wait AT ALL, but that's MY body.
    Try it now and wait longer next time if you don't feel good.
  • JaydedMiss
    Options

your walking...?
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I usually eat while I'm working out.. haha. Some people get uncomfortable after eating and doing intense cardio.. but otherwise I don't know what the issue is.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,153 Member
    Options
    I usually go on a hour brisk walk eveyday first thing in the morning but didn't get to and wanted to know if i should wait 2 hours after eating

No.
  • joemac1988
    joemac1988 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    What are these people saying wait 3-4 hours pointing to as possible side effects?????
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Walking isn't 'working out'
  • chrisfuentes2005
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »

your walking...?

Was just asking to make sure if it was different from working out, its mostly my exercise everyday due to having 2 brain tumors and medical reason. I can't workout
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »

your walking...?

Was just asking to make sure if it was different from working out, its mostly my exercise everyday due to having 2 brain tumors and medical reason. I can't workout

So none of us can get anywhere we eat and have to sit for 4 hours before we can move? Jeez i just got a new favorite lazy day excuse. fk yes
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    You can walk briskly straight after a meal if you want to. If however you find it makes you feel uncomfortable in anyway then slow the walk down and wait a bit longer next time.

It is really odd for anyone to tell you to wait for hours before walking after eating. What could possibly happen?
  • joemac1988
    joemac1988 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Was just asking to make sure if it was different from working out, its mostly my exercise everyday due to having 2 brain tumors and medical reason. I can't workout [/quote]

I'm sorry to hear that and I'm not a Dr., but have you gotten a second opinion about that? Working out is massively beneficial to physical health, including the brain. I don't know your specifics but if a Dr told me not to workout, he/she better explain why or I'm getting a second opinion.

Wish you a full recovery!
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I like to wait about an hour so I don't have to pee a million times but also because my stomach is fickle and might decide to do a mass evacuation. I drink a lot of water with meals so this is probably why. The all clear on this is usually after an hour. Just do what your body likes best. Mine likes exercise either fasted in the morning or at least an hour after a meal. That being said, if it's just a casual walk, get out there and do it anytime without question. I'm talking about waiting only for intentional aerobic or strength exercise.