When to log

Options
2»

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I prelog my food for the day in the morning before or during breakfast. It helps me stick to my goals better.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    When I first started tracking and was losing, I used to plan 1-2 weeks ahead. After reaching maintenance and as I became more experienced, I found that meal planning and logging ahead was no longer necessary. I still prepare some foods ahead of time and portion foods into plastic zip bags to lessen my hassle during the day, but I pretty much log just before I eat. The exception is when I need to budget appropriately for a special occasion.
  • StatsGuy99
    StatsGuy99 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I prelog on workdays to make sure I pack the right amount of food. On weekends I just log as I go.
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I'm terrible at planning, so most of the time I log as I go. I also carry paper and pen around so that I can write things down until I have time to sit at the computer. I also have the app on my phone. There's really no good reason for not keeping track.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    i preplan but i 100% never follow my plan lol. Calms me to have a plan but then i stubbornly refuse to follow it lol. I eat all the same meals though so pretty easy to still hit my macros and calories. My diets basically around 1000 calories of solid macro foods i eat daily and anything else i eat is earned through exercise food/ snacks
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I do plan ahead the meals I'm going to make during the week, but that sometimes changes. I will pre-log that morning or the day before. Sometimes I have to make changes and add things, but doing it ahead, along with my exercise too, I know how much I can eat ahead of time.
  • Aarjono
    Aarjono Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm most successful when I prelog things.
  • dwilliamca
    dwilliamca Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I pre-log at least a meal in advance so I know if I have to make any adjustments. I then go back and change amounts if necessary. I log snacks as I go and track both afternoon and evening snacks separately since they are trouble areas for me.