What’s your motivation for losing weight?

Options
13»

Replies

• Victoria_N88
    Victoria_N88 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and almost 30. I would really love to be a healthier version of me. I really hate looking at pictures of myself and want to wear all of the cute clothes that I see.
  • Kakramme
    Kakramme Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My PCP wants to place me on Metforman for a high HgbA1C. I made a deal with her that if I could improve my labs through weight loss and diet, need to get to a HGBA1C less than 6, I can avoid going on meds. We are checking labs on 12/31 and 3/31. Its nice to have a PCP willing to work on a plan with me.
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    My motivation is...the simple fact that I've gained 40 of the 55 lbs I've lost 2 years ago. I want to get back to where I was. Fit into cutesy clothing and wear crop tops and tight little dresses while I'm still in my 20s and it's still appropriate. I ordered a beautiful satin romper a few weeks ago and when I received it , it was tight. I'm hoping to fit into it for the work Christmas party next month. My boyfriend and I are going on a trip to Paris with his family in march, that's around the time when I'd like to have lost all the weight I've gained back. *sigh* Today is like my 7215th day one back on MFP, so we shall see.
  • babydragoooon
    babydragoooon Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i need to get to that point where i dont feel the need to raid my pantry in the middle of the night
  • lilcanadianmommy22
    Options
    My motivation is my 4th Ragnar next May (2018). I have had two great relays, one bad (2017) and next year I want to ROCK IT!
  • nkolpean
    nkolpean Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have been overweight since I was a child. For some reason I always put everyone else's needs before my own. My motivation is for myself, to become healthier and stronger but it's also for my kids because they are young. I want to be able to play with them without becoming tired easily.
  • michellebirtleeds
    michellebirtleeds Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm 35, which is not old yet, but not really young either. Things hurt a little more than they used to and I recover more slowly. It becomes very clear that I need to start making habits now that keep me healthy when I'm old.

I like exercise. I like to run and to lift weights. When I carry a bit too much weight, running is less comfortable and I have less range of motion--this interferes with squatting and deadlifts.

I guess I'm saying that I'm the oddball who wants to lose weight so I can exercise (more comfortably).
  • LisaBFit2day
    LisaBFit2day Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My motivation is that once I get started I can see the improvement in everything from the roundness of my face to the reduction of my butt. It makes me feel good to look better. Even a few pounds has already made the difference.

Plus, it's the knowledge that what used to be my "fat" number is now my "skinny" number. lol