Endo-Mesomorph Help?

Options
baristas
baristas Posts: 3 Member
edited November 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
This is my first post, so if I have done something wrongful in or on this topic, please do advise me :( !!

*Warning: TL;DR - This is also a long-ish vent ^^;;

Hello, all! I hope you're having an amazing day today ^^

I am a short Asian girl who stands at a height of 152 centimetres. I am an endo-mesomorph, meaning I have (sort-of) a pear shape but also somewhat of an athletic body (i.e. broad shoulders, etc.)

What brings me here is the fact that I've been struggling with choosing the right foods for my diet and picking out the right exercises that won't build bulky muscles. I've tried so many various workouts and diet plans. ^^"

I know it's not much ^^; But I've been only dieting for two months now and I really do not see any changes. Maybe my waist has gotten a little smaller and I grew barely visible abs and muscles in my legs, but the holy thigh gap I've been watching hasn't even budged.

I know it takes a lot of effort to lose the inner thigh fat, and that you need to shed fat all over your body first before doing so (because spot-reduction is a myth :00).

I have rather wide hips, meaning that I DO have a thigh gap somewhere, and I always push aside my jelly fat in the mirror and color myself surprised because it's actually THE missing thigh gap I've been missing out on (lol).

But I've been pretty hopeless about catching these thigh gaps, and I was hoping to have any recommendations by any of YOU amazing weight loss pals who suffered the same way as I.

If it is not much to ask for, please do give me some tips, advice and/or pointers for this problem! Sorry for such the long vent about my internal struggles lol ^^;

Thank you all in advance!! ♡

Replies

• ent3rsandman
    ent3rsandman Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hey, hope I can help!

First, you need to abandon the idea that certain exercises are going to make you bulky. Saying that you're going to avoid the big 3 lifts because you don't want to look like Arnold is like saying you're afraid of going to school because you're gonna walk out with a ph.D. Even female powerlifters don't really look bulky in my opinion; just "toned" (god I hate that word). Find a program that sounds good for you and stick with it!

Second, eat foods that make you feel good and avoid the ones that don't. Sugar makes me feel bad, probably because I'm a reactive hypoglycemic and it's an instant way to kill the rest of my day, but I have no issue with things like dairy for example. Others have the opposite issue. Experiment with food and find what works for you; there's no reason you need to stick to a specific diet. They all work as long as you're under your total daily energy expenditure.

Third: My thighs looked like mashed potatoes until I started doing front squats and sumo deadlifts.
  • DaniCanadian
    DaniCanadian Posts: 261 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Stop chasing specific body looks, you will cause yourself more harm than good.
    Focus on healthier food choices and treats in moderation.
    I highly recommend trying Fitness Blender workouts. They’re free on YouTube, and they are amazing. They have short, moderate or super long ones, varying difficulty levels, and several different forms of exercise (hiit, cardio, strength, body weight strength). It’s a husband and wife team and they are so relatable but will still kick your butt. These are what I’ve been doing pretty much exclusively (for workouts, i also portion and track calories) and I’ve lost 35lbs, gone from an 18 to 10/12.
    Also, Kelli from fitness blender is in amazing shape and doesn’t have a thigh gap.
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of good insights above, but I wonder if your self-image is what it should be. Would you mind sharing your stats? Age, height, weight, and calorie goal would be very helpful.
  • baristas
    Options
    Ah ;;; I understand. I've only started dieting two months ago, so of course there isn't really a change. I'm still striving for a long-term diet and had cut down sugars long ago before I came here. These are all great advices I'm so thankful for ;; !!

There are a lot of
    good insights above, but I wonder if your self-image is what it should be. Would you mind sharing your stats? Age, height, weight, and calorie goal would be very helpful.

I usually don't like sharing these things lol ^^;
    I'm a 19 year old who stands at 152cm (5ft) and weighs at a range of 101~104 lbs (it often changes everyday). My calorie goal is 1200 like it always had been and I've never reached over the limit.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,506 Member
    Options
    Being Asian and understanding how Asian cultures are, I can understand your concerns. But many Asian females are just flat out lean because they just don't eat much, nor exercise much in Asian countries. Culture for some reason has kept many Asian females pretty petite. And Asians of course have no issue calling someone out in their culture if they are "bigger" than normal. So could it be that you don't think you fit the criteria? And are you in the US?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • baristas
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Being Asian and understanding how Asian cultures are, I can understand your concerns. But many Asian females are just flat out lean because they just don't eat much, nor exercise much in Asian countries. Culture for some reason has kept many Asian females pretty petite. And Asians of course have no issue calling someone out in their culture if they are "bigger" than normal. So could it be that you don't think you fit the criteria? And are you in the US?

I feel like I do not; it's just my legs that are bothering me. Be it not a thigh gap, every time I squat down or sit on a flat surface, they're very large (and I know that it expands when you sit, but this is a different case before I get shot down). My waist is rather tiny, but my legs just are not proportionate to the rest of my body.

And yes, I do live in the US ;;;

• Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    baristas wrote: »

I feel like I do not; it's just my legs that are bothering me. Be it not a thigh gap, every time I squat down or sit on a flat surface, they're very large (and I know that it expands when you sit, but this is a different case before I get shot down). My waist is rather tiny, but my legs just are not proportionate to the rest of my body.

I understand that you fully believe that, but you aren't seeing yourself accurately. It's a problem that most girls and women have these days. Please understand though, the way you believe that you look isn't possible at your weight. I felt the same way back when I was slender. Most of the women here did. We only realized we had been slender after we did actually become overweight.
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    baristas wrote: »

I understand that you fully believe that, but you aren't seeing yourself accurately. It's a problem that most girls and women have these days. Please understand though, the way you believe that you look isn't possible at your weight. I felt the same way back when I was slender. Most of the women here did. We only realized we had been slender after we did actually become overweight.

This is SO true! I look back at photos of myself in my 20s and 30s and wonder what was I worried about?