Help it’s not working

Options
13»

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    My money is on on combination of the constipation OP states she experiences and normal fluctuations.

and not very accurate logging.
  • bossmanbing2102
    bossmanbing2102 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I think I’m going to increase my Cals to 1500 and eat more fruit with the extra.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    93pear93 wrote: »
    I've asked question then you didnt guys respond yet, if not workouts, not cutting calories, then?
    She's on 1200 now, I am really looking forward what your alternative solution for losing more weight is :D

Other than that you comparing her to yourself,
    Jaycete she's obviously on deficit right now...

well OP probably isn't eating 1200 cals, so that's the first issue...

as has already been stated 2000 is often maintenance or a surplus for a small woman, so how is that going to lead to weight loss?

and there is no need to cut out any food groups as you have suggested, so that's a big old nope...
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    I think I’m going to increase my Cals to 1500 and eat more fruit with the extra.

eating more is not going to help you if you are not being accurate with your logging...
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Well, if she hasnt noticed any changes in mirror, weight or waist seize for a month, then definitely something has been done wrong here.
    At the beginning she supposed to set up calorie intake of her BMR and set up macros for that 1g/kg fat 1,5g/kg protein and the rest carbs.
    Then observe if any changes if not, add 1 session of workout, then observe, then up to her another session or cut from carbs, simply as that...
    There is no need to go for 1200kcal !!!
    She could easily lose weight being on more calories than that

But the key here is to count your calories intake...

Why should macros be set up like that?

• Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    That’s really helpful. Now I think about it when I got weighed last I had just done a 16 hour fast for blood tests

Scales in doctor's offices are often not accurate. Plus they usually weigh you with all your clothes on even your shoes.

Weigh yourself at home, without clothes, at the same time, using the same scale.

I weigh myself once a week in the morning before eating anything.
  • 93pear93
    93pear93 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Well, if she hasnt noticed any changes in mirror, weight or waist seize for a month, then definitely something has been done wrong here.
    At the beginning she supposed to set up calorie intake of her BMR and set up macros for that 1g/kg fat 1,5g/kg protein and the rest carbs.
    Then observe if any changes if not, add 1 session of workout, then observe, then up to her another session or cut from carbs, simply as that...

I just gave an example of balanced diet - macros.
    Keep the fat 1g/kg body mass(you can cut at the last weeks of cutting) - if you keep fat very very low for long periods it may affect hormone imbalance.
    When it comes to losing weight, protein is the king of nutrients. Keep you full longer.Helps to maintain muscle level.
    Carbs, rest of balance and we should start cutting them as a first option.
    If you decide go to keto(less than 30g carbs daily intake) for a while thats fine, but wisely.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

I just gave an example of balanced diet - macros.
    Keep the fat 1g/kg body mass(you can cut at the last weeks of cutting) - if you keep fat very very low for long periods it may affect hormone imbalance.
    When it comes to losing weight, protein is the king of nutrients. Keep you full longer.Helps to maintain muscle level.
    Carbs, rest of balance and we should start cutting them as a first option.
    If you decide go to keto(less than 30g carbs daily intake) for a while thats fine, but wisely.

If your suggested macro split is just one of many examples one could use, it might be better to make that clear instead of writing that OP is supposed to use the particular one you recommend.

While many people do find that protein promotes satiety for them, this isn't universal. For other people, fat or carbohydrates (or fiber) play an important role in helping them feel satisfied.
  • Rosemary7391
    Rosemary7391 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I've asked question then you didnt guys respond yet, if not workouts, not cutting calories, then?
    She's on 1200 now, I am really looking forward what your alternative solution for losing more weight is :D

Other than that you comparing her to yourself,
    Jaycete she's obviously on deficit right now...

well OP probably isn't eating 1200 cals, so that's the first issue...

as has already been stated 2000 is often maintenance or a surplus for a small woman, so how is that going to lead to weight loss?

and there is no need to cut out any food groups as you have suggested, so that's a big old nope...

Quite - I'm 5' 1'' and maintain my current weight quite happily on 2000kcal. Unfortunately I'm seriously obese!

Weighing things really does help. I often have peanut butter in my breakfast; one spoonful of that can easily vary by 50kcal for instance. It's easy to sit the bowl on the scale while I weigh in oats, peanut butter, milk and sweetener though :)

I find exercise helps too - I probably underestimate the amount of calories I burn running so that helps to make up for any underestimates in food. How are you counting calories from exercise at the moment?
  • 93pear93
    93pear93 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Right, everyone is different.
    I'm just suggesting not saying you have to apply my idea to your diet and lifestyle.
    It takes time to get to know your body and see what's best OPTION you react - either LC or LF.
    Be patient, count your damn calories intake, if you kept your calories for such a long time and is going well but feeling tired? have a cheat meal after good workout - it won't ruin your hard work trust me and you would feel much better mentally.