pcos/keto meal plans? (Student)

Options
Hi,
I've never really been on a diet or worked out before so this is all new to me.
I'm in no rush but would like to lose a stone within a month, if possible.

I'm really wanting a workout buddy, spotter (?) just somebody who can help keep me on track and share some meal plans and work out routines with me.

I've seen quite a few success stories with the keto diet, as I have pcos I've heard that this diet is beneficial to somebody like me.

I am a student so funds are quite limited, I have started at a gym - I go twice a week.

Please message me if you're willing to help or even share some meal plans or workout routines for what I've written down. Thank you (: & hope everything goes well with your journey!

Replies

• sgtx81
    sgtx81 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Keto helps you to not overeat if that's a problem for you but the only way you will drop 14 pounds in a month is if you are starting out pretty heavy and can get a good calorie deficit going. I lost about 20 pounds a month since August but I also started out over 400 lbs so I could have a big caloric deficit and still stay around 1500 calories a day. If you're only 14 pounds overweight I wouldn't count on seeing those kinds of results.
  • Perfectlyunknown
    Perfectlyunknown Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Thank you for replying.

I see what you mean. As I said I'm in no rush, I just wanted to know if it was possible. I'm at 15 stone at the moment and would eventually like to get down to around 12.

@sgtx81
  • giiirl
    giiirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m on the Stillman diet which is extreme keto. In two days I’m down 4.6lbs.
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    giiirl wrote: »
    I’m on the Stillman diet which is extreme keto. In two days I’m down 4.6lbs.

Where does your fat come from this on this diet? Looking it up, the only approved things to eat are lean meats and fat free cottage cheese?
  • Perfectlyunknown
    Options
    Oh wow.

I've never heard of this diet. What are some of the meals you have?

@giiirl
  • laurenebargar
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Oh wow.

I've never heard of this diet. What are some of the meals you have?

@giiirl

I realize you are not asking me, however I do not think this is a safe/ diet that you would be able to stick to long term.

Why not just have a calorie deficit? I've lost 50 pounds since march, I have Pcos and I still to get eat all the foods I love, just less of them.

I mean come on:
    Forbidden Foods

The diet strictly forbids carbohydrates, vegetables, fruits and fats, including butter and vegetable oils. Alcohol and sugar are also not allowed.

https://www.livestrong.com/article/83808-stillmans-diet/
  • Perfectlyunknown
    Options
    Hi, I just read up on the diet and you're right! Thank you.
    I'll be trying the keto diet.

Has your new eating habits helped with any of the pcos symptoms?
    @laurenebargar
  • laurenebargar
    Options
    Hi, I just read up on the diet and you're right! Thank you.
    I'll be trying the keto diet.

Has your new eating habits helped with any of the pcos symptoms?
    @laurenebargar

Definetly, I didnt notice anything until my most recent TOM but it wasnt as bad and a few of the other symptoms seem to have calmed down. I still have another 20 lbs before I am a "normal" weight and I plan on losing another 40. I think being at a normal BMI will help even more.
  • Perfectlyunknown
    Options
    That's great! That's really good to hear.

As I don't think there's a normal weight, I hope you get down to a weight that makes you feel more comfortable in your body!

How many calories a day do you aim to eat?
    Also, are you able to share some meal plans please.
    & if you also workout can you please share some tips and maybe a routine of what you do?

@laurenebargar
  • Perfectlyunknown
    Options
    Thank you!

@thecharon
  • laurenebargar
    Options
    That's great! That's really good to hear.

As I don't think there's a normal weight, I hope you get down to a weight that makes you feel more comfortable in your body!

How many calories a day do you aim to eat?
    Also, are you able to share some meal plans please.
    & if you also workout can you please share some tips and maybe a routine of what you do?

@laurenebargar

I eat about 1,300-1,600 a day depending on what I did for exercise. I do some basic weight training, walking and hiking mainly, and in the summer I started playing tennis, I also swim whenever I can.

I really dont meal plan too much, I work pretty much anything in, but I dont eat meat very often, maybe once a month.
  • Perfectlyunknown
    Options
    Oh wow! Thank you so much.

@laurenebargar