How Often Do You Work Out??

Options
Just taking an informal for my own information kind of poll. I am curious to know how often the successfull losers are exercising. I think I have to rein myself in a bit, I looked at the calendar today and realized I have exercised daily for almost 3 weeks. I am dropping inches faster than pounds...but this is also a TOM week so weight is not so accurate right now. I was athletic in high school / college and it has felt great to really be as active as I was in college and working out again, but my body is complaining at me the past few days. While it feels great to be as active as I was in high school / college....I must admit I am not the same age I was in high school / college and may need to simmer down a bit:ohwell: Would love to know if anyone else is exercising 6-7 days a week and not in pain!

Replies

• GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Just taking an informal for my own information kind of poll. I am curious to know how often the successfull losers are exercising. I think I have to rein myself in a bit, I looked at the calendar today and realized I have exercised daily for almost 3 weeks. I am dropping inches faster than pounds...but this is also a TOM week so weight is not so accurate right now. I was athletic in high school / college and it has felt great to really be as active as I was in college and working out again, but my body is complaining at me the past few days. While it feels great to be as active as I was in high school / college....I must admit I am not the same age I was in high school / college and may need to simmer down a bit:ohwell: Would love to know if anyone else is exercising 6-7 days a week and not in pain!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I excercise 6-7 days a week for 60-120 minutes mostly cardio. Im sore at times but it goes away after a day or two. I do allow myself one day off if I want but I have yet to take it.
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    I exercise 6 days a week, with running and slim series videos (which I just started) I would give yourself a break every 6 days or it will catch up to you! I used to not take a day off and I was getting really sick over and over again, good luck! :happy: :happy:

~Leash
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I am on the treadmill at least 6 out of 7 mornings. This last week I was on everyday. I take one day off if I feel I need it, otherwise I walk or run everyday. I also try to get in a dvd workout a couple nights a week. I have 5 different ones that I rotate so I don't get bored.:smile:
  • jennlos
    jennlos Posts: 200
    Options
    I have been exercising at least 4 days a week for a hour at a time I have recently started my weight loss journey so I have only lost 12 lbs but thats a start
  • fitchick99
    fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I exercise 7 days a week, 3-4 hours a day, but i'm a little neurotic....OCD some say :laugh:
  • twoody
    twoody Posts: 42
    Options
    I work out 4-5 times a week anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour!
  • Sheri4MS
    Sheri4MS Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I currently work out 6 days a week with some being double (10 to 11 hours a week). I am running 3 days a week, biking 3 days a week and strength and toning 3 days a week. With at least one day a week off. That is important for recovery. This is a little aggressive as I am training for a half marathon and 4 MS Bike Tours. Normally I would work out 4 to 5 times a week for at least an hour.:happy:
  • amycakes812
    Options
    I work out 6 days a week for 1-2 hours. I do cardio every day and try to do weights 2-3 times per week. Sundays are my family day with my husband and kids, so I have made this my free day to rest and eat what I want.
  • amycakes812
    Options
    oops, sorry this double posted!
  • cbrooks66
    cbrooks66 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    4x a week for me. Just started kickboxing and it's kicking my butt.
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    6 times a week, for about 45 min or an hour. Mostly cardio, but I have an (illegal *gasp*) freeweight in my room that I lift sometimes. (By the way, it's illegal in my dorm, not in general:laugh: )
  • Cloudybe
    Cloudybe Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting started at this and just started the 30 day shred yesterday and I am sore! I'm hoping I can do it 5 or 6 days a week though. :smile: I guess we'll see if I can handle it again tomorrow! My calves are sooo sore!
  • cbuchinski
    Options
    I do cardio every day for 60 mins on the treadmill, and also do 20 mins of circuit training daily.....one day ( usually on the weekend) I give myself one day of 30 min only cardo. You know what they say, or have said in the past anyway......." No pain, no gain"
  • tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I walk for 60 minutes 6 days a week before I go to the office. I occasionally get in a 15 20 minute walk at lunch--will get more when it is warmer. I have a friend and a daughter who I sometimes walk another 60 minutes after supper. We will often run/jog so we do it at 4 mph at least but I log it as 3.5mph unless I jog (we probably walk 3.8 miles an hour)
    I swim for one hour on Saturday and Sunday--do a mile in 54 minutes and put that down as "leisurely swim"---but it gives me so many extra calories!!

I have bought a ball and some stretch bands but really HATE toning exercises--and have to put my mind to that now!! I really don't do any --no crunches no squats. I will do planks against the desk at work a few times a day--that's it!!

123504.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I work out 5-6 days a week for 1 to 2 hours, depending. But I make sure I have at least 1 full day off a week. My trainer says that you should have 1 day off a week to let your body recover. When I started this journey I was doing 3 days a week then eventually worked my way up to more days and longer cardio sessions.
  • gone2gym2befit
    Options
    If you're feeling sore and worn out, you should definitely take at least one day a week off. A good idea for training is to alternate "hard" and "easy" days. You can do an intense work out 1 or 2 days straight and then lighten it up a little the next day. As your body gets more adapted to what you're doing, you'll be able to increase your work outs, but go slow to start!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I workout 6 days at the gym then take a rest day:flowerforyou:

2-3 hours a day typically at the gym plus I do vids, crunches and pushups etc. at home

3 of my days are strength training so they alternate days, I do cardio on those days too and cardio on the remaining days as well.

FC:heart:
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    I work out 2x per day, 45 mins each session, 5 days per week. When the weather warms up I will hike or bike on the weekend. I hit the weights & cardio hard when at the gym, about 4000 cals burned during the week.
  • GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. :flowerforyou: I guess I need to just play it by ear..I have to say I think I exercise daily as much for the health benefits as the calories! I love getting those 500 extra exercise calories a day and will feel cheated somehow if I don't get them. But the knees are griping at me already this morning..may take an off day:grumble: stupid knees:grumble: