I am doing profile

Options
4 persons from work join together, we weight a range f 150, to 250 lbs and the plan IS A COKIE CUTTER, We all receive the same diet: 4 shakes a day , one bar unlimited green vegetables....etc,the only diference is that the 150 lbs person got an 980 calories limit and the heaviest 1080. I was disappointed, because with that of calories of course anybody will lose weight, but I was also dissapointed at the bars, some of them contains12 gms of sugar and 4 of sugar alcohols, you find similar bars with less sugar at any grocery store. If anybody is interested in the diet just google it it, you will find the food list and shakes sweetened with stevia and not aspartame.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,968 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • sdolan91
    sdolan91 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    So much woo.. :disappointed:
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    well that sounds horrible.

and not healthy.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I can't even begin to make sense of this. Between this and the vague thread split, MFP is weirder than usual today.
  • Dazzler21
    Dazzler21 Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    silviaf1 wrote: »
    4 persons from work join together, we weight a range f 150, to 250 lbs and the plan IS A COKIE CUTTER, We all receive the same diet: 4 shakes a day , one bar unlimited green vegetables....etc,the only diference is that the 150 lbs person got an 980 calories limit and the heaviest 1080. I was disappointed, because with that of calories of course anybody will lose weight, but I was also dissapointed at the bars, some of them contains12 gms of sugar and 4 of sugar alcohols, you find similar bars with less sugar at any grocery store. If anybody is interested in the diet just google it it, you will find the food list and shakes sweetened with stevia and not aspartame.

I can't understand what this is saying you're doing or why you chose this way?

My suggestion to a group such as yours would be that the 4 of you are looking to all lose fat (not just total weight) so you all need to go and find out your BMR - Basal Metabolic Rate (the calories burned roughly in an average no exercise day) then minus 200-400 calories and call that your target calories to stay under each day.

Eat as much of what you want within the calorie limit - avoid sugar and refined carbs, increase protein intake to reduce risks of muscle wastage - Chuck in 2-3 gym visits a week, including cardio and toning weights and it'll all start to take care of itself...

If you hit a plateau don't lose heart. Your body will keep you going sometimes it just takes a few days before cracking on again.
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    This a very unhealthy diet. Unrealistic too! With any weight loss, you will surely gain it all back. Please say "no" to this diet challenge. This diet does not teach you anything about eating real foods for the long term.
  • dwilliamca
    dwilliamca Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Everybody is an individual. That diet sounds like a 2 week failure to me. Forget shakes and bars and eat real food. Let MFP determine your calorie budget and start logging your foods. Go for healthy eating and stay within your deficit and you will eventually lose as much as you decide to.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Sounds lame as hell. I wouldn't bother.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Why would you do that? Does your job depend on you doing this ridiculous plan?
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    That sounds horrible. I'm glad I work someplace that believes in evidence-based practice and not unjustified VLCD that focus on woo.
  • ZigZag_27
    ZigZag_27 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yeah, what I find so much more terrible about Profile is that it is a program created by Sanford Health. You would think that a diet program offered by a hospital would be a little more reasonable than a VLCD with meal replacement bars and shakes. This is on their Facebook page: "Profile was developed by physicians and scientists at Sanford Health to help you relearn healthy lifestyle habits. The Profile plan is a personalized approach to weight loss combining nutrition, activity and lifestyle principles to help you lose weight and keep it off." On paper it sounds like it has the potential to be something really beneficial, but in practice it isn't any better than other diet programs.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    It was all good until I saw "OWN A FRANCHISE" on the upper right side of the Profile by Sanford webpage...
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,720 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dazzler21 wrote: »
    My suggestion to a group such as yours would be that the 4 of you are looking to all lose fat (not just total weight) so you all need to go and find out your BMR - Basal Metabolic Rate (the calories burned roughly in an average no exercise day) then minus 200-400 calories and call that your target calories to stay under each day...

BMR is what you burn if you were to sleep all day. I don't think it's wise to eat below that number for any length of time. Perhaps you meant TDEE? :flowerforyou:
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    silviaf1 wrote: »

You should be disappointed and you should try to get a refund. There is no reason to eat such low calories, and there is no reason to eat a bunch of packaged diet food. :( Just put your stats into mfp, get your calorie goal and start logging.