I always overeat at breakfast!

Options
2»

Replies

• dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Well overeating breakfast is better than at dinner. More day to run it off!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »
    Well overeating breakfast is better than at dinner. More day to run it off!

It's irrelevant -- you burn calories even when you sleep. If you're eating at a deficit, you'll lose weight. If you're eating what you need to maintain, you'll stay the same weight. If you're overeating (defined as eating more than one's body is using), you'll gain weight no matter when you're eating it.
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Some of dieting is just dealing with being hungry, it sucks but it is temporary, it gets easier the longer you do it and eventually you'll be back at maintenance and not having to do it anymore.

I think many people tend to have one meal bigger than the other. I usually eat all of my calories before 6 PM, and I've tested it that whether I eat everything before 1 PM or 6 PM, I feel the same at the end of the night.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    i can cope with hunger until i start eating, then it just makes me want to eat.
    i skip eating in the morning - it helps me ignore the hunger til later in the day. i like eating more at night, it works for me.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    It is possible that you feel like you are starving because you have established a calorie deficit that is too high.

If your target calorie intake is 1500 what is your typical expenditure? What is your TDEE?
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Ashtoretet wrote: »
    Some of dieting is just dealing with being hungry, it sucks but it is temporary, it gets easier the longer you do it and eventually you'll be back at maintenance and not having to do it anymore.

I think many people tend to have one meal bigger than the other. I usually eat all of my calories before 6 PM, and I've tested it that whether I eat everything before 1 PM or 6 PM, I feel the same at the end of the night.

If your calorie deficit is modest you won't feel hungry. Hunger is not something that has to happen with weight loss.