Replies

• jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    day 7!
  • kellytime2lose
    kellytime2lose Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Finishing day 3...killer headache on day 1 but better now.
  • kellytime2lose
    Options
    Working on day 4....I will say that without diet coke, my cravings for carbs and sugar are greatly reduced. Anyone else find that too?
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I just hit my third month without drinking soda.... I love it!!! I actually am saving money and using it for something that I do need like Fruits and Veggies......lol

~A
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    i only have a can of soda about once a month but if it will help anyone else in their journey i am more than happy to give it up!
  • iysys
    Options
    I'm in too! I usually don't drink soda but I've been going to the movies a lot lately and share a large soda with my fiance (he drinks liquids fast in general). I'll bring a water bottle now in a large purse!

i was at the movies the other day and they had these fabulous snack packs with a package of dried unsweetened fruit, a fruit and nut bar and some popcorn chips (i gave those to the husband). it came with a choice of coke zero (no!) or a bottle of water for $7. great movie treat!!
  • iysys
    Options
    Giving up soda is easy...me being a coffee hater it is the caffeine I want. My neurologist said it is great for my headaches and migraines but I can't have diet soda because sugar substitutes also give me headaches and migraines. I have had no trouble scrapping it for the last week so I bet you can do it too!!

what about tea?
  • kellytime2lose
    Options
    Day 5 done...starting day 6
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I started two weeks ago severely cutting down my diet soda. I was drinking 4-5L a day. I've cut down to 1.2L a day (still not prepared to cut out completely!) but am now drinking at least 3L of water a day. (today is a 'bad day' with only 2.4L)

I did do bad today. I normally buy two 1.25L for the weekend. I've already drunk both today :(
  • Mayreni
    Mayreni Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'll commit. I've been addicted for over 15 years, drinking at least a can a day.
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    oh man. haven't had soda in like 8+ months. just quit diet coke as well, and unsweetened tea. :) now im water only.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm not participating in this challenge, but given the insane amount of overtime my husband's been putting in at a certain cola beverage distribution center... I fully support anyone who stops drinking soda.

Thank you. :laugh:
  • calderst
    calderst Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I had almost given them up and then in the last week I've had 3. I have started craving them again (mmm fizzzz). SO, if I may join, I will start today.
  • Nikki_is_Knotty
    Nikki_is_Knotty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Im needing to QUIT!! I cut back months ago and have increase and decreased over that time. Am down to 1-2 can per week and want to cut it completely!! so im in!
  • denisechatt
    Options
    My last soda was in June sometime.. kind of strange, but loving the "challenge"... if you know what I mean?? I don't really miss it!! ;) Trying to drink more water, sometimes I have Crystal light, but mostly water, and the occasional Miller Chill and glass of wine. :)
  • looopyloops
    looopyloops Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    good for you, I cut my diet pop out a couple yrs back, the first month is tough but after that you don't miss it
  • jend114
    Options
    great job everyone! I've done 2 weeks without soda!
  • jend114
    Options
    How's everyone doing???
  • seasontk
    seasontk Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I had not had a soda in 2 weeks, but yesterday I thought I really wanted one so I bought one. I took 2 sips, and didn't want any more of it. I think that is first time I have never drank an entire soda. So I guess I am making progress on being soda free :)
  • mrsmellymac
    mrsmellymac Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Yes! I need to stop drinking pop! I got super addicted to it during my pregnancy and I crave it all the time now haha! I'm going to give it up, starting today!!!