Cheese

Options
2»

Replies

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I love Stilton personally, but also brie (especially with cranberry), Emmenthal and Goat's cheese. Some of the cheeses with dried fruit mixed in are a treat too. Just eat the cheese you most enjoy, in a suitable portion. I do not eat much cheese atm, I go through phases, but I do have babybel in my fridge for convenient and quick snacks.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I usually just eat mild cheddar cheese, but they're a lot of other specialty cheeses which taste quite appealing.
  • etruscansunited
    etruscansunited Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    In addition to all the good advice above, if you want to choose cheese also on nutritional grounds you would aim for hight fat content.
    Even better, go for those high in Omega 3. Short cut to selecting those will be Alpine based cheeses - Swiss, French or Italian.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    If the processing doesn't scare you off I'm a big fan of the laughing cow cheese wedges on sandwiches instead of the standard american/cheddar/swiss. It's like half to a third of the calories and the creamy texture also negates the need for mayo or other spreads.
  • hughjazz74
    hughjazz74 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I adore cheese. If I could cut cheese from my diet, that would solve 1/2 of my issues. The shredded cheese I put on most of my meals is 200 cal! :(
  • curiousgp
    curiousgp Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Most cheese is right around 100 cal per ounce with the exception of Ricotta - around 35 per ounce. That's because it is made with leftovers from making mozzarella -its mostly whey protein.
  • Troutrouter1968
    Troutrouter1968 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    If you are on a low sodium diet like me, Swiss is the way to go. Otherwise, eat what you like.