Best footwear for cardio workouts

Options
Hi guys I currently do a lot of cardio workouts I am looking for new trainers to wear any suggestions? What ones do you rate. I live in the UK so may not be able to get some brands. Thanks.

Replies

• tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    What kind of cardio. I do treadmill as well as outdoors and love my Brookes glycerine trainers ( I know I am a woman, but I find the men's suit my feet best). If it's walking/running, and you do a lot, go to a running shop, they can look at your gait and give you a recommendation
  • LilmissNm
    LilmissNm Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I do walking, threamill and a lot of Hiit and interval workouts with a lot of high pact jumping.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    For HIIT, I like carbon fiber road bike shoes. Because they fit my pedals.
  • mrspett323
    mrspett323 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I use Brooks adrenaline
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    It really depends on your own individual body's needs. If you're jumping a lot and are experiencing pain, then you probably want something with some cushioning. If you overpronate or supinate, you'd be best served in a shoe that caters to that. If you have issues with your knees, back, ankles, or feet, then you should address those specifically and not just go with something that works for someone else.

For example, I am a slight supinator so I need a neutral shoe, and I experience shin pain if I use a padded shoe on a treadmill, so I choose something fairly minimalist. My feet are small and on the narrow side, so some brands are a fit issue. Almost all of my cardio is either on a bike or running, so I need a shoe that works with my running style more than anything. All these needs might be totally different than yours and my favourite shoe (Nike Free) might not work for you at all.
  • jagilmour
    jagilmour Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    There's not really a "best" trainer for running/ cardio, much more which is right for you. The best thing I did in terms of running was going and getting a gait analysis and fitted with trainers with the right support for me. I'm uk based too and there are running shops that do this for free and you don't have to buy from them if you don't want to, I did but found a pair that suited me on sale. A good shop should also check your budget, and try to find something close to your range.
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    My favorite are my Nike max air
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    If you are running then I would suggest getting fitted for a running shoe as suggested above, but you should only wear it for running. For your other aerobic activities that involve jumping, etc, you should look for a cross trainer.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    I would suggest something low to the ground, not a lot of drop, narrow fitting, with good lateral support.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you really need to go to a running store and have them fit you for shoes. its too individual to be able to recommend anything. its worth the money to invest in GOOD shoes. they can advise based on your foot issues/type and the activities you do.