Need to lose 70lbs in 6 Months

Options
Hey ya’ll. My sisters wedding is in 6 months... yes... 6 MONTHS! I’m a little late on getting started with losing weight, (I should have started a long time ago) but I need some support, motivation, and inspiration for these remaining 6 months. Can you please help me? Chit-Chat away!

Replies

• laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    That rate of loss is too aggressive, what are your stats?
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Not to be difficult, but you do not *need* to lose 70 lbs in 6 months, nor is it realistic. What you can do is set a reasonable weekly weight loss goal, log your food accurately, and eat what MFP gives you for a calorie allowance and you will be slimmer by the time the wedding comes around and hopefully interested in pursuing other health & fitness goals beyond that. You should read the stickies at the top of the Getting Started and General Diet & Weight Loss forums for great tips & advice. Wish you well! :)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    cerc1990 wrote: »
    Don't focus on losing pounds, focus on losing inches. Remember muscle weighs more than fat, so if you do an exercise that has both cardio and toning exercises, you'll definitely be slimmer and stronger when that wedding gets here. Try doing a couple of months of the Whole30 diet. It's amazing the changes your body will make in a short time just by changing the way you eat. I lost 5 pounds in a month, and I'm not even that large of a person. My friend lost 14 pounds when she did it in a month. There's no calorie counting involved and what you are eating is healthy. It even says "if you're hungry all the time you're doing it wrong". Give it a try!

Even if someone wants to do Whole 30, it's still necessary to ensure there is a calorie deficit. Counting calories is the best way to do that.

OP, as others have said your goal is too aggressive. Aim for 1.5 pounds per week right now, log everything as accurately as possible. If you're in the wedding party and have already ordered your dress, you may want to go for maintenance after the final fitting.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Unless you are 250 lbs or more, it is not safe or realistic to lose that much weight that quickly. With 70 lbs to lose, you might be able to lose 1.5 or even 2 lbs per week. But as you get closer and closer to goal weight, your rate of loss will and should slow down.

My suggestion would be to focus your efforts for the next 5 months, start with a goal of 1.5 per week and after a couple of months change to 1 lb. When you get to 1 month before the wedding, buy a dress that fits you and some nice shape wear to smooth everything out.

Chances are, they will not weigh you before letting in you in to the reception, so your exact weight won't matter. Better to lose 40 lbs and walk in slimmer and healthy and energetic than lose 70 lbs and be hangry and worn down.

Please take care of yourself, and good luck!
  • cerin3646
    cerin3646 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey bosslady! Start logging your food asap. This is not the time to start some fad diet that may or may not work for you. Count your calories! Eat at a deficit to lose 2 pounds a week. If you stay consistent you will be pretty dang close to your goal! Heck you might even reach it! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!:)