Looking for weight loss buddies- 100lbs or more to lose

Options
Hi!

I am so proud of how far I have come, but I am feeling a little lonely! No one around me is really in need of losing as much as I am, so fitness gets to be social and fun for them. For me, it is work...hard work. I don't go to the gym on my lunchbreak to stroll around the track chatting, I go to sweat. I don't go out to eat anymore, I carefully pack my lunches. My very best friend is the most supportive person on earth, but our journeys are polar opposite. I am 98lbs away from my goal weight and I am hoping there are some other 30 somethings out there who might want to connect to chat, motivate, whatever! It would just be amazing to talk to someone who gets it, 100%.

Replies

• MSKC1985
    MSKC1985 Posts: 4 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Hi Ericka, I am in your same boat. I'm 32 and have well over 100lbs to lose. Most everything I do is based on reaching that healthier lifestyle... I'm surrounded by others who are not "like" me... Or, are not ready to change... Hang in there and thanks for sharing. Chelle, your story is amazing and just what I needed to read. You're an inspiration and what an amazing job. Thank you for sharing! Would love to be in both of your support networks. Thanks!
  • ross_b1
    ross_b1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Add me to the list please! haha
  • ChrisF48
    ChrisF48 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good morning
    I am new to the site. I could use any advice or tips. Thanks
  • sam2319280
    sam2319280 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I also have to lose 100 or more pound I'm it with you
  • nerdmom7
    nerdmom7 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, let's be friends!
  • HappyMielle
    HappyMielle Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Right there with you! 33 years young, about 110 lbs left to lose. Down 27 so far. I added you as a friend!
  • erikabecht
    erikabecht Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I don't fit your criteria, but I wanted to tell you... You Can Do This!! MFP is a great source for keeping up with your calories and exercise and the socializing and motivation that you will find with friends will be so beneficial. I joined MFP in January and weighed 260 lbs. On Sept 15th I reached my goal of 100 lbs loss. Keep your chin up... stay focused and you can reach your goal! You've Got This!!

WOW! That is an amazing weight loss!!
  • erikabecht
    Options
    Right there with you! 33 years young, about 110 lbs left to lose. Down 27 so far. I added you as a friend!

SO GLAD you did!!! Let's rock this!! I am always available to chat!
  • erikabecht
    Options
    nerdmom7 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat, let's be friends!

I added you as a friend!
  • erikabecht
    Options
    sam2319280 wrote: »
    I also have to lose 100 or more pound I'm it with you

I added you!!!
  • erikabecht
    Options
    MSKC1985 wrote: »
    Hi Ericka, I am in your same boat. I'm 32 and have well over 100lbs to lose. Most everything I do is based on reaching that healthier lifestyle... I'm surrounded by others who are not "like" me... Or, are not ready to change... Hang in there and thanks for sharing. Chelle, your story is amazing and just what I needed to read. You're an inspiration and what an amazing job. Thank you for sharing! Would love to be in both of your support networks. Thanks!

I am so glad you added me! I know we can do this, I believe if I can, anyone can!
  • erikabecht
    Options

I hope you don't mind I added you as a friend. Thank you so much for the group info!!
  • erikabecht
    Options
    I don't fit your criteria, but I wanted to tell you... You Can Do This!! MFP is a great source for keeping up with your calories and exercise and the socializing and motivation that you will find with friends will be so beneficial. I joined MFP in January and weighed 260 lbs. On Sept 15th I reached my goal of 100 lbs loss. Keep your chin up... stay focused and you can reach your goal! You've Got This!!

Chelle, I added you as a friend but didn't add a message as I was clicking too fast! I would love to be part of your support network as well!
  • LearningToFly13
    LearningToFly13 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Im 34 and have around 5 stone to lose. My friends list ia dwindling and only a couple of my friends are interactive and supportive so I would love more people to chat and share with. Im a single mum recovering and getting fit again after breast cancer and dont really have anyone to go through this journey with. Anyone feel free to add me.
  • erikabecht
    Options
    Im 34 and have around 5 stone to lose. My friends list ia dwindling and only a couple of my friends are interactive and supportive so I would love more people to chat and share with. Im a single mum recovering and getting fit again after breast cancer and dont really have anyone to go through this journey with. Anyone feel free to add me.

I also am a BC survivor. I will add you as a friend!
  • duebedm
    duebedm Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Do you have to be 30-something? I'm just barely in my 40s (feel like I'm still in my 20s) and I have just over 100lbs left to go and I am 46 down. Am I too old?
  • Sldghmmr21
    Sldghmmr21 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well I'm a soon to be 29 year old who has well over 100 pounds to lose and I having a tough time getting motivated. None of my friends are interested in working out and they definitely don't have to weight to lose
  • diplomat762
    diplomat762 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m 32 and have 100lbs to lose. I also have multiple autoimmune disorders and to be honest I get so discouraged it doesn’t feel like I can do this. I need buddies who can help by checking in, and I’ll do the same. Even by text or phone call. I just have no accountability and it’s like I’m forever sliding down this icey slope that I can’t crawl out of...help!