Camp food ideas

Options
I'm heading out on a week long camping expedition down the coast of California! Yay! My go to foods are typically chili, hotdogs, hamburgers, spaghetti...basically anything that is bad for you. I'm looking for some more ideas to take along that are quick and easy and tasty - but not so bad!! Anything would be helpful! Mostly looking for dinners and breakfasts. Thanks!

Replies

• JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    shish kebabs. Throw 'em on the grill.

cherry tomatoes
    mushrooms
    baby potatoes
    red peppers
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    We just went camping a couple of weeks ago but only for 2 nights. Diners were: Turkey Brawts on whole wheat buns (and 'um, chips but you could do baked), and pasta with whole wheat pasta, turkey sausage (I browned it before we left) and marinara. Sandwiches for lunches. Whole wheat pancakes and brown and serve turkey sausage for breakfast (one day, horrible breakfast burrito in town the other).
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Roasted chicken and veggie packets, scrambled eggs, campfire pizza, baked potatoes.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I don't know a thing about Cali, but here in FL the fishing is good. We eat it morning and night. I'd bring lean meats if I wasn't sure about the fishing.
  • 4KidFather
    4KidFather Posts: 134
    Options
    Bring boiled eggs - awesome total nutrition.
    Canned fish
    dried meat (jerky) and some pemmican (fatty Native American goodness).- you can live on this for weeks.
    Otherwise usual dehydrated fare (potatoes, rice, stock ...)
    Preserved meats (with nitrates) are a good choice for a rare occasion like a camping trip. They shouldn't be part of your regular diet. Summer sausage and hot- dogs etc are great though.
    We (family) usually keep it fatty and protein-y - convenient and cheaper. Industrial fluffy 'Breads' , and sugars are bad for dental health anyways :)
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    ooh and grapes and cherries and watermelon!