Is getting Premium worth it?

Options
I want to be able to check my nutrients for one week combined so I can determine my daily average over one week. That way I can tell if I'm getting enough calcium, vitamin, etc. or if I'm eating too much fat, sugar, etc. on a daily basis in a week. I'm always eating too much of something and not enough of something else every day so I want to be sure I am getting the right amount of nutrients over the week. I don't want to have to manually add up each days nutrients and divide by seven to figure it out Does the Premium service offer this?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Have you looked at the features offered on Premium to see if it’s available?
  • janicejean1953
    janicejean1953 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I just signed up for premium because for the year $49 it was well worth it it doesn't come to a lot of money at all when you break it down by week so to me that was worth it actually I kind of like it because it's making me realize that the foods I am eating I'm really not eating as much protein as I thought I was and I'm really eating much more higher in fat and carbs so it's really making me aware of the balance I need to do to eat more properly I eat less I mean I'm staying within my calories but I'm eating some of the wrong Foods cuz I have just too much cabs too much fat and not enough protein in my diet so to me it's well worth it right now
  • slimyslimgym
    slimyslimgym Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yes! I allows me to see which meal contains what % of macronutrients and I have learned a lot about the foods I eat because of that. It also lists each food in order from greatest to least for the macros. That way you can weigh the benefits of each food. For example you like that a whole egg has protein but it also is might be the highest food with fat for that day.
  • karennolan100
    karennolan100 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    MFP shows me the total number of calories I've had in one week. It doesn't show me the total amount of nutrients. I don't want to have to add up the number of grams of protein, fat, vitamin C, etc. for each day to figure out if I had enough nutrients for the week. Does Premium do today for you?
  • karennolan100
    Options
    I just signed up for premium because for the year $49 it was well worth it it doesn't come to a lot of money at all when you break it down by week so to me that was worth it actually I kind of like it because it's making me realize that the foods I am eating I'm really not eating as much protein as I thought I was and I'm really eating much more higher in fat and carbs so it's really making me aware of the balance I need to do to eat more properly I eat less I mean I'm staying within my calories but I'm eating some of the wrong Foods cuz I have just too much cabs too much fat and not enough protein in my diet so to me it's well worth it right now

You don't need Premium to see the nutrients you're eating.
  • karennolan100
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Have you looked at the features offered on Premium to see if it’s available?

I looked at the features and I emailed them twice. It's a simple question. I can't understand why I can't get a direct answer.
  • dwilliamca
    dwilliamca Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    It would be nice to be able to hit an "average" key in the reports, whether for macros or micros and see what your weekly/monthly average is rather than looking at a bunch of high and low numbers and guessing if you're doing OK. Also, I'd like to be able to click on a day in a report and have it take me to that day to analyze. I think when I was using another site, "Calorie Counter" it did both of those things as I recall.