ladies protien powder Australia only!

Options
breezad
breezad Posts: 237 Member
hi there. im looking for a really good protein powder to add to smoothies in the morning, as snacks, pre or post workout...
i want the best one ppl have found!!!!

something low carb, not necessarily low calorie but low carb, fat and sodium but high protein that doesnt taste like sh%t???
asking too much haha :)

please give me some good suggestions on the differnt types ppl like and where to get it if you can :)

thank you sooooo much!

Replies

• kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    bump! i'm in the same boat... only my muscles are much less visible than yours!!
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not in Australia but I think Amazon.com will ship worldwide and I buy this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Biochem-Ultimate-protein-Natural-24-6-Ounce/dp/B0015QSU9Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1312431701&sr=8-1

If you mix with water - not so great so I'll give you two my favorite recipes also:

1 scoop protein powder with
    1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk

AND

2 tsp sugar
    1 T cocoa powder
    2 T PB2 - powdered peanut butter (www.bellplantation.com)

OR

1 cup blueberries

Also, the vanilla and chocolate fudge flavors are good - but I like natural and making my own "flavors" from that. :)
  • amycavanagh
    amycavanagh Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I use 100% whey protein I get it from australian sports nutrition website it's low in carb and sugars and they have a **** load of flavours at the moment i'm loving mocha !!!!
  • MiaMcBetty
    Options
    Hey!

I was drinking ISO WHey Protein which is low carb, low calorie (about 118 per serve) and I just checked and think the Sodium is pretty low too. I've included a link to the nutritional info for it.

I didn't like the Vanilla but Double Chocolate was nice, I never got around to trying Strawberry. Also, I think I was drinking it with skinny milk so obviousy you have to factor that in as well.

You can buy it from quite a few pharmacies (all listed on the website) and I think it was about $40 - $50 for the tub :)

http://www.isowhey.com.au/product/isowhey-complete#productformula
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I'm in Australia but I'm not a lady :smile:

www.aussienutrition.com.au ($95 for 4kg of choc on special at the moment it seems)
    or
    www.bulknutrients.com.au

are where I get mine from. Both mix well and taste fine to me. If you just want it for post workout shakes and supplementing then I would go with WPI or WPC (minimal difference IMO) or if you want to do more cooking stuff with it then I would get the micellar casein. (it tastes awesome too :smile:)
  • breezad
    Options
    awesome thanks mia ill have a look at the website!! :)

also thanks chris haha no lady but the info was very helpful thank you muchly! :)
  • greensnow
    Options
    Hello! I'm in Tasmania.

The one that I use is called Sculpt! (for women) lol I use the chocolate flavour and really like it- and I use soy milk with it and it still tastes good haha.

For 2 scoops: (without milk so just the powder)

96 cal
    18.7g protein
    2.2g carbs
    1 g sugar

(sometimes I only use one scoop with 250ml milk still taste good, less cal!)

This is the link:
    http://www.sculptforwomen.com/whatis.html

:) Hope this helps!!
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Hey Bree,
    I recently bought some BSC Hydroxycut Pro Lean something-something (to that effect) chocolate whey protein and I really enjoy the taste - much better than many others I've tried. In terms of other flavours, I have also purchased Evolve Diva Whey Protein (I hate that it includes the word 'diva') in cookies 'n' cream flavour, which was quite good.
  • breezad
    Options
    great thank you everyone these are really hewlpful. i will try them all out i think and get the bes tone that works for me :)
    thank you again!!