PCOS Sufferer trying to get the upper hand!

Options
Hello everyone!

My name is Ke11ySue and I would love to get some help in my journey to beat the symptoms of PCOS (PolyCystic Ovarian Syndrome) and hopefully lose some weight and gain a couple of babies in the meantime. ;) I live in the Midwest, my husband and I just eloped a few weeks ago and I would like to turn my body around in a good way. I don't want to be a very skinny girl (been there done that) but I just want to be healthier.

With any of your help and ideas, would be greatly appreciated. I do have a broken finger and I hurt my lower back/hips, so physical activity is a minimum but will NOT stop me.

Hopefully I can become more healthier for me and my future children and my son so I can be the mom he deserves and what they deserve in the future. My husband and I will be renewing our vows next year on our anniversary date in front of our friends/family, so hopefully I can fit into my dress better.

I'm a very positive person and I don't eat as much as I should. This calorie counter is an eye opener for sure! I eat a lot of natural sugars (fruits). My first day I'm over my sugars and doing pretty good on my calories. Hopefully I can find the happy balance.

Thanks for reading,
Ke11ySue

Replies

• mizzdivat
    mizzdivat Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Try to stick to low glycemic index foods, set reasonable weight loss goals, drink plenty of water, but most of all don't be too hard on yourself. I am in the same boat as you and have lost 30lbs on this site. Lots of support here. Good luck to you :)
  • onurd
    onurd Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP,
    MFP has a lot of people that are very nice and supportive. I have pcos too. This site is helping me learn how my body reacts to the food that I eat. I am sure it will give you the tools you need. Good luck.
  • MsCandyLynn
    Options
    Hi lady's I too suffer from PCOS!!!! feel free to add me!!!!!
  • angela360
    Options
    I have PCOS as well and have been trying to get control over it for the past year. I have had sucess sticking to low glycemic foods with consistent exercise. I have lost 20+ this way and it has stayed off (even during the weeks that I have cheated with pizza, ice cream and other bad food). I just started this site earlier this week and it has helped me a lot with tracking and calorie counting. Good luck! Feel free to add me as a friend.