I am lost !!

Options
I am trying to lose weight on 1800 cal. Today, I completed my dairy focusing on my macros by making sure not to go over the limits I choose depending on my weight which is 40% carbs 30% protein and fat. With all that, I only consume 1590 cal. Am I good or something gone wrong over here?

Thank you very much for your help

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is about the calories. You can eat 100% of your calories in one macro and still lose.

Many people tend to aim to reach their given fat and protein grams given, then let carbs fall where they may.
  • maitham09
    maitham09 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Weight loss is about the calories. You can eat 100% of your calories in one macro and still lose.

Many people tend to aim to reach their given fat and protein grams given, then let carbs fall where they may.

Do you mean it doesn't matter to consume more than the macros limit as soon as I still on the calories deficit
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Calories are king for weight loss/gain.
    Macros are for satiety, and some fitness and health goals/issues.
  • dwilliamca
    dwilliamca Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I've found that the macros are not always that accurate in relationship to the total calories (math does not add up correctly). Supposedly the ones with green checkmarks are verified, so I try and chose those when available. Anyway, total calories is the number you should focus on and use the macros as a guide just to ensure balanced meals or specific diet needs. Look at micronutrients as well to make sure you are getting all your vitamins and minerals and fiber. Going over or under macros shouldn't affect your weight loss. I have my macros set similar to yours...40% carb/35% fat/25% protein and struggle to eat enough protein without too much fat.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    All the green checkmark means is that some random user clicked the "verified" button because they thought it was right for some reason. Or they clicked it for a spurious entry just to mess with people. It is not an official mark of any kind.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Read up on "percentages". You hit 40% carbs, 30% protein and fat eating 1590 calories. You still have to eat more food to hit your calorie goal of 1800. This means you are aiming to consume 182 g carbs, 133 g protein, and 60 g fat. I would also look into the need to eat like that.