Best Compliments

Options

Replies

• dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    beingmore1 wrote: »
    At the mall yesterday a salesperson at the kiosk for collagen skin cream grabbed me and said here try this, and put some collagen cream under one eye....quite the aggressive salesman. Then he said, "Look how good that looks! While the other eye is all wrinkly and discolored, this eye looks less puffy and old!"

Did he really say that? To you?!!
  • activities1
    activities1 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Lol well that was rude!

I’ve been told you’re not as old as I thought... mmmmmmk
  • ladychris29
    ladychris29 Posts: 4,657 Member
    Options
    Wow, I didn't expect you to be so smart!

*well-aimed kick*
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    2 different people have asked if I'm "part Asian" because I (apparently) have "slanty eyes". No offense to Asian people at all, but 1. That comment is racist & 2. I don't look remotely Asian. But these days I find myself self-conscience wondering if my eyes do look "slanty" and even though I've scoped them out in the mirror lots of time, I don't see it. But 2 people seem to see it ... I don't take those comments as a compliment.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    So really... you all are amazing. Sure there is drama and some petty crap. But mostly logging in here brings a smile to my face. Thank you all for being here
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    This one today from @newmeadow, Thank You! <3<3

"@FabulousFantasticFifty who is the most optimistic and charming survivor of an episode that might have killed the spirit of a less steely woman. A true authentic survivor."
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    Well..look at that. We didn't need the jaws of life to get you out of the airplane bathroom...I mean lavoratory
  • 123liveoak
    123liveoak Posts: 2,239 Member
    Options
    Your ears are the perfect size for your head
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Your new haircut will look great once it grows out a bit :(
  • 123liveoak
    123liveoak Posts: 2,239 Member
    Options
    You've always been my favorite human...and I don't like humans
  • ladychris29
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Wow, I didn't expect you to be so smart!

*well-aimed kick*
    That was true though. :ohwell:

It was awesome coming from you after extensive conversations. :*

Not so much from the person who almost got kicked for being surprised there was a brain above the boobs. :#
  • ladychris29
    Options
    It's cool. You know what I haven't made it past. ;)o:)
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    "You actually look like your selfies in person." :lol:
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    A few years back I had my waist length hair cut and the hairdresser said it was in awesome condition.. kinda validated the money I spent on hair care.. :)
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    When I told someone yesterday that I've lost 25 lbs since March, she got a confused look on her face and said "I would never have guessed that you had that much to lose.". This felt better to me than any other comment about my body/weight.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Other than from my wife, I get complimented very infrequently. However, I was hiking down a trail a couple weeks ago. As I was approaching a woman from the other direction, she stopped in front of me and said. "Great Beard." I said "Thank You". Then she said, "You're very handsome." Caught me off guard. I just stood there. She smiled and walked off.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    2 different people have asked if I'm "part Asian" because I (apparently) have "slanty eyes". No offense to Asian people at all, but 1. That comment is racist & 2. I don't look remotely Asian. But these days I find myself self-conscience wondering if my eyes do look "slanty" and even though I've scoped them out in the mirror lots of time, I don't see it. But 2 people seem to see it ... I don't take those comments as a compliment.

Someone asked me if I was Polish once because I'm "tall but small" like her neighbour!
    And for the record I'm not tall, she was just super short.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Someone told me they liked my "perpendicular face".
    I did not take it as a compliment altho it was intended as one.