Loving the Running (Pics)

Options
mikeyrp
mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
Got a personal best at the Bedford Harriers 'Doug Anderson Memorial 5k' last week (22 min 19seconds) - that was 'gun to finish' - I think line to line was 10 seconds or so faster.

Great picture from the official race photographer, thought I would share...

20110727_8820_a0058_profile%252520uncompressed.jpg

Replies

• erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Great pic! Well done.

Erika
  • hotwow
    hotwow Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Great picture, and a fantastic time, well done!
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    you are smokin' your competition! thanks for sharing as I am running my first 5k next week. great inspiration! how long was your race? what was your time? just curious. you look fab!
  • mgaither
    mgaither Posts: 115
    Options
    Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mikeyrp
    Options
    you are smokin' your competition! thanks for sharing as I am running my first 5k next week. great inspiration! how long was your race? what was your time? just curious. you look fab!

It was a 5K - I did it in 22 minutes 18 seconds (officially) - unofficially it was about 10 seconds faster as the timing was 'gun to finish' - i.e. they count it from when the race starts to the finish line, rather than from when you cross the start... If you want to get a personal best see if the race is chip timed - if it isn't then try and get near the front :)
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Nice pic and you did great. High five to you!!!!
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    great job and awesome photo
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Rare to get such a nice photo! Killer time too! Nice work :)
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options

It was a 5K - I did it in 22 minutes 18 seconds (officially) - unofficially it was about 10 seconds faster as the timing was 'gun to finish' - i.e. they count it from when the race starts to the finish line, rather than from when you cross the start... If you want to get a personal best see if the race is chip timed - if it isn't then try and get near the front :)

thanks for the tips! I can't even run 2 miles in 22 minutes, let alone 3.1 !! incredible job. keep up the great work!
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    great shot, run forest run! :)
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Great shot! You're FLYING! Awesome job.
  • OttawaJeannie
    Options
    Congrats! Great pic :)
  • BananaBee3
    BananaBee3 Posts: 224
    Options
    Great pic! I recently just did a 5k and most of the pictures they "tagged" of me weren't even me...I think I got a few goofy looking ones lol
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! You look great!
  • mikeyrp
    Options
    Great pic! I recently just did a 5k and most of the pictures they "tagged" of me weren't even me...I think I got a few goofy looking ones lol

That happens a lot at bigger races - there were only 500 odd people at this one and the pictures weren't tagged - you just scan through based on the finish time. I I was in the background for one of the shots going round but that's boring...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!