Look at my food diary!

Options
I can eat protein really really well without trying, it's the calorie intake I struggle with and wondered if anyone can take a look at my diary. Giving me some tips on how I can make it more balanced throughout the day?

I can easily eat breakfast, lunch and dinner with 400 cals left at 8pm. This is no good for my bodybuilding efforts. I'm a 5 foot 3 inch woman weighing 119 pounds, lifting every other day.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Your goal is weight gain, right? The clue is "balanced", yes - protein is often satiating, and you're eating so much protein that it's hard to get in enough calories. So the easiest approach would be to reduce protein intake and eat more fat and carbs. Just cut out the protein shakes. Replace all low fat foods with full fat and increase butter and starch portions, have some fat with lean meat and fish, and eat the whole banana.
  • Silkysausage
    Silkysausage Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Your goal is weight gain, right? The clue is "balanced", yes - protein is often satiating, and you're eating so much protein that it's hard to get in enough calories. So the easiest approach would be to reduce protein intake and eat more fat and carbs. Just cut out the protein shakes. Replace all low fat foods with full fat and increase butter and starch portions, have some fat with lean meat and fish, and eat the whole banana.

Ah no, weight stability. More carbs??? I need to not eat all my carbs on rest days... surely.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Even on rest days your muscles use carbs both to function and to repair (in combination with protein) so yes, even on rest days eating all your carbs is important. Looking at your diary the best place to add more carbs would be for breakfast and dinner (the balance between carbs/protein/fats looks fine for lunch). Something as simple as an 8 oz glass of 100% juice for those two meals would be enough.
  • Silkysausage
    Silkysausage Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    xvolution wrote: »
    Even on rest days your muscles use carbs both to function and to repair (in combination with protein) so yes, even on rest days eating all your carbs is important. Looking at your diary the best place to add more carbs would be for breakfast and dinner (the balance between carbs/protein/fats looks fine for lunch). Something as simple as an 8 oz glass of 100% juice for those two meals would be enough.

You star! I had a banana and almonds before dinner and glass of orange juice with dinner...all sorted. Amazing how easy it is when you know how.

Thank you!