Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Running, walking, jogging with baby in cold weather

IAmTheGlue
IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
edited November 2017 in Fitness and Exercise
Any tips on running, walking, jigging etc with a baby (almost 5 months old) in a stroller in the cold?

It's 29 degrees of frosty *kitten* outside. I was walking my baby 3 to.5 miles a day in his stroller before the temperature drop. There is a 10k Turkey trot on Thursday I would like to attend with my baby in town. 26-29 degrees is predicted.
He's in a carrier type car seat that snaps into the stroller. He has the JJ Cole Urban Bundle Me (kind of like a sleeping bag that he sits inside). I have a plastic rain/weather sheild that goes over the stroller and both canopies close together.

What else do people do who take their babies out in the cold?
Thanks!

Replies

• ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Mine's in a sling on my back when out but.....

Tights under his clothes, moccons over his feet and lower legs, helmet hat ( covers his ears and ties under his chin, mittens on hands

Layers. So tights and long sleeved body vest, long sleeved top and either dungarees or rib pants with a cardigan

When its wet I put a bundlebean over the sling to keep him dry

Baby should be warm not hot, too hot is more dangerous than a bit chilly

To check temp place your hand on baby's chest and back as extremities are always cooler. If their torso is warm then your fine
  • capnjax72
    capnjax72 Posts: 12 Member
    Baby should be warm enough like that, especially with the plastic rainshield, those things keep it toasty. Just think of all the Scandinavian parents that are routinely out and about with their babies in the winter. Even on bikes.
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Thank you both for your replies.