What’s your reason why?

Options

Replies

• bapity88
    bapity88 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I saw a photo of myself at my highest weight and knew something had to change. I was sick of crying while trying on clothes. Sick of having to unbutton my pants because they were too tight and digging into my fat gut. Sick of feeling like I was in someone else's skin. I didn't feel like myself anymore.
  • allangirl
    allangirl Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I want to become my best self and that isn't necessarily my skinniest self. Eating a variety of whole foods and allowing myself treats so that I'm physically and mentally in my prime.
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    To get my sexy back. To move like the athlete I have always been, instead of winded going up one flight of stairs to my home everyday.

One day I was at my hairstylist. After the final touches she swung me back towards the mirror. I was mortified. Sitting there with my gut and huge boobs pushing out. Hating that I let myself get to that point cause I kept stuffing my face with food and wine sitting in front of the TV every night.

I was just DONE. Can't be my age and not be concerned about health.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    To feel good!
  • emilyofmysfamcottage
    Options
    Planned a trip to Hawaii that had to be postponed....(Blasted sewer line)
  • kdbulger
    kdbulger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Primarily for my health - you can't eat better and work out and not lose some weight. But also for vanity reasons - I did not feel comfortable in my skin or even in the mirror anymore. I can change that!
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I've always been on the upper edge of a healthy BMI but always had that little urge in the back of my head wondering what I'd look like if I shed some vanity pounds. Sometimes I get motivated and drop 10lbs, feel great, then end up slowly sinking into old habits and regaining the weight.

This time, I'm getting married (in Mexico!) in the spring so I'd love to look my best. So that's giving me stronger motivation to drop the vanity pounds before I buy my dress!
  • Treuthiness
    Treuthiness Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Because I'm not getting any younger.
  • JillianRumrill
    JillianRumrill Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I had one foot in the grave.
  • _BlahBlah_BlackSheep_
    _BlahBlah_BlackSheep_ Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    To be fit, strong, healthy, and hot.
  • mikesphoto
    mikesphoto Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It's time! Enough failures, make it happen. That's my reason.
  • Yungskittlez
    Yungskittlez Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Keeps me from smoking, want to be healthy, look good ans so my clothes don’t fit so tight anymore
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Tiny human. She's 2 and copies everything I do. I do not want her to have the same health problems that I created for myself by not taking care of myself much sooner. Thankfully she will not likely remember the super morbidly obese version of me and will see our healthy eating and activity as the norm. I have to be around for her as long as possible---I'm already going to be that 60 year-old Mom at her HS graduation. Not gonna lie, I also want to be the fit, healthy, and smokin' hot 60-year old Mom at her HS graduation.
  • kakaovanilya
    kakaovanilya Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    brookielaw wrote: »
    Tiny human. She's 2 and copies everything I do. I do not want her to have the same health problems that I created for myself by not taking care of myself much sooner. Thankfully she will not likely remember the super morbidly obese version of me and will see our healthy eating and activity as the norm. I have to be around for her as long as possible---I'm already going to be that 60 year-old Mom at her HS graduation. Not gonna lie, I also want to be the fit, healthy, and smokin' hot 60-year old Mom at her HS graduation.

wow, what a change! you look great!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Energy. I can either haul this extra weight around and do the bare minimum slowly, or put it down and dance through my chores, and then through my happy.
  • pinkkittyayh
    pinkkittyayh Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I deserve to feel and look my best during my 20s
    (Which is approaching fast)
  • KendraS74
    KendraS74 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    To look better, feel healthier, and fit into old clothes!
  • brittneynathan0579
    Options
    I went from 170 to 236 drinking alcohol and being lazy because I was always hungover. When I was that heavy, I couldn’t clean the house because my back hurt so bad. My liver always hurt and I felt like one day blended into the next. I wanted to LIVE, not merely exist.
  • gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    To have body confidence, to think about my weight/how I look less, to improve health, be fitter, to wear the things I want, not what fits.