Nutrition and potential bulk help

Options
Hey all, 35 here 185. I need help putting together the right macros fkrna 8nweek bulk. I am trying to gain some size and then cut down jan5th for 8 weeks. Attached is my current pic. What bf would you say I am. I am currently doing 185x18 for calories, protein 275, fat 87 and carbs 315. Am I approaching this the right way?

poa51WTGj
poDEa6B8j

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    While there is nothing wrong with that much protein, you don't need that much, especially for a bulk. Aim for .8 to 1.2g per lb of body weight and let the rest fall out. The more important part is your training program.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Agreed with the above,way overkill on the protein. Also an 8 week bulk is pretty short, don't expect too much. If you try to "rush" it and have too high a surplus, the majority is going to be fat gain.
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    Look at the concentration on that face.

You can definitely see the results. Well done.
  • dieselbyte
    dieselbyte Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    rybo wrote: »
    Agreed with the above,way overkill on the protein. Also an 8 week bulk is pretty short, don't expect too much. If you try to "rush" it and have too high a surplus, the majority is going to be fat gain.

^All of this. If bulking, .8g/lbs of protein will be sufficient. An 8 week bulk isn't enough time, and you will most likely over -compensate for lack or weight gain early on, leading to more fat gain than necessary. Your corresponding 8 week cut will most likely leave you in a weaker position than when you started.

• thapainmaker
    thapainmaker Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Dam bro you look solid, I’d say 13-15ish BF I’m not sure tho that’s just what I think. I would say you got a good grip on this thoug lol I’d do any thing to be 185 that’s my long term goal weight. How tall are you? Keep it man!
  • thapainmaker
    thapainmaker Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Maybe 15 ish you can notice a little fat on the belly but it can’t be too much with abs showing