What's the thanksgiving food you skip out on?

Options

Replies

• debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I intend to have a small serving of everything- teehee
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    I will skip my aunt Cora's pumpkin pie. She's on that blasted keto diet, and uses bacon grease instead of pumpkin. :anguished:

I dont think i would even want to see that much less eat it. . And i LOVE bacon.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    We're opting out of the Thanksgiving thing this year. No idea what we're having.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    It’s just my husband and I, and we have a reservation for din at a restaurant doing a special thanksgiving din. The menu lists the main protein choices as baked salmon, roasted turkey, and maple glazed ham. I’m only over the ham and turkey, I’ll pass on the salmon. I like salmon and all, but it doesn’t scream thanksgiving dinner to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I’ll skip green bean casserole too if they have it. I’m not a big fan. And pumpkin pie. Really don’t like pumpkin pie.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Nothing. I'm cooking everything and having stuff I like.

I am not making sweet potato casserole because I don't like it and don't feel we need another side dish.

My mom is making sweet potatoes for my dad, but she and I aren't touching them. With mashed potatoes and another veggie, it wouldn't be necessary even if we liked them.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I don’t like regular mashed potatoes at all, so I’ll skip that. I’ll get down on sweet potatoes of any variety though :smiley:
  • shandy82165
    shandy82165 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I typically skip dessert on thanksgiving because it's always pie of some sort, and i'm not a big fan. But this year it's at my dad's house and I usually like everything i'm served there, so just the pie, most likely.
  • abowman4221
    abowman4221 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am doing bulk of the cooking this year. While we are having turkey this year it is not my favorite, so I will stick to my 4oz of turkey with a bit of cranberry sauce to make it more palitable. I am also roasting brussel sprouts and squash/zucchini to which I will have a 1/2 cup of each. I am not going to eat any stuffing (as it is probably just going to be stove top anyway) and I am not a huge fan of sweet potato casserole, so I will be skipping that as well as dessert. I am going to stick to my diet for Thanksgiving, Yule and Christmas, but all bets and diets are off for New Years. Pass the corned beef, black eyed peas, potatoes, cabbage and corn bread my way!
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I always skip dressing - don't like it, and rolls - what's the point of eating a hunk of bread? I also skip gravy and just have turkey, some mashed potatoes with butter, corn and sweet potatoes. I usually also skip dessert unless there is pumpkin pie or cheesecake. We rarely have these desserts, so I usually skip it.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    I love turkey & mashed potatoes. I don't like anything pumpkin and am able to bypass sweets without too much problem. I like stuffing but not enough to have to have it. I do love left over turkey sandwiches on rye bread with lots of mayo tho
  • Losinandmovin
    Losinandmovin Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    I will skip my aunt Cora's pumpkin pie. She's on that blasted keto diet, and uses bacon grease instead of pumpkin. :anguished:

I'm keto and I wouldn't even eat that!! :D
  • Losinandmovin
    Losinandmovin Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm skipping all the carbs: I'm gonna eat the hell out of that dark meat turkey, cauliflower/cheese/bacon casserole, green beans, and whatever else fits into my LCHF diet. No dessert, and I'm really ok with that.
  • Steelpit202
    Steelpit202 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    The food I *might* skip out on is stuffing. I don't think I ever liked stuffing. I'm not sure if I do now, though.
  • Ketomaniac9
    Ketomaniac9 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Anything with too much carbs and sugar.. usually only will eat ham turkey and deviled eggs, good enuf for me!!
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    stuffing... I dont like it lol
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Gravy and cranberry sauce.