What's the thanksgiving food you skip out on?

Options

Replies

• infinitynevermore
    infinitynevermore Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I think I'm skipping the rolls so I can get another slice of sweet potato pie!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »
    I will skip mashed potatoes & gravy and stuffing (a meh moment)....one spoonful of candied yams and greenbeans....lots of turkey w/splenda cranberries....one spoonful fruit salad and 1 roll..Amen!
    Ps....one small sliver of a pie that looks good...Amen!

Uh oh! Forgot mac&cheese! :#
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    KelGen02 wrote: »
    This year there will be no skipping of anything instead it will be just a small taste of everything... Ok I lied, I will most likely skip the bread, I rather have a little bit bigger serving of pumpkin pie with some real whipped cream. :p

This is my first year having Thanksgiving dinner without all of my boys home. My middle son shipped to basic training on 11/6 and while we did do our traditional thanksgiving dinner the day before he left it will just not be the same... My youngest son managed to find a picture of him so Cheers to my solider!!
    1p4lcbjkret7.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

As a mother.....THANKYOU for YOUR sacrifice and prayers for you and your handsome son!
  • dmsl977
    dmsl977 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Green bean casserole and gravy. Yuck!
  • Tabbycat00
    Tabbycat00 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving has never been big for me. I only like the turkey and maybe stuffing. I hate mashed potatoes, gravy, any type of casserole...I don’t even like pumpkin pie. So, I guess I’ll be skipping just about everything but I’ve been skipping it since I was a child just because I’m super picky.
  • evilpoptart63
    evilpoptart63 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Or menu this year is super simple so Im planning on eating a bit of everything :)
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I'm passing on the mashed potatoes and only having a little turkey to make more room for ham, pie, and jalapeno cornbread.

I think it's funny the number of people who only read the title of the thread and are commenting that they aren't going to skip anything and think this is a thread about not indulging on Thanksgiving... :lol: I only have so much room in my stomach. I'm going to fill it with the stuff I like.
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options

@dsboohead

Thank you very much I appreciate that... <3

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I'm passing on the mashed potatoes and only having a little turkey to make more room for ham, pie, and jalapeno cornbread.

I think it's funny the number of people who only read the title of the thread and are commenting that they aren't going to skip anything and think this is a thread about not indulging on Thanksgiving... :lol: I only have so much room in my stomach. I'm going to fill it with the stuff I like.

Yeah, even if someone isn't watching calories (either for the day or because they don't track calories overall), there are things they may skip because they don't like the taste of them or they just want to make more room for other things.
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Yams because gross. And the salad because Thanksgiving is not the place for salad on my plate unless it is exceptionally good.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I'm skipping all the carbs: I'm gonna eat the hell out of that dark meat turkey, cauliflower/cheese/bacon casserole, green beans, and whatever else fits into my LCHF diet. No dessert, and I'm really ok with that.

ooooh....cauliflower/cheese/bacon casserole sounds amazing!
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I'll be eating all the foods at the lunch buffet with my side of the family. I'll be skipping the oysters at dinner with hubby's side.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I usually pass on the rolls/buns because they fill me up, leaving me with no room for the really yummy stuff.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    I'm in the skipping the rolls camp, they have to be gf and I didn't have time to drive 45 minutes to the nearest gf bakery this year. The big thing I'm doing is skipping the all day snacks - since we have dinner in the evening we have a table full of cheese, fruit, chips with home-made dips, etc. I usually fill up on those before dinner, then eat a big dinner, then feel miserable for the rest of the night. This year I'll eat a plate of snacks around lunch time and then save my appetite for dinner and dessert.
  • Mrs181
    Mrs181 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Skipping sweet potatoes and cranberry sauce because they're gross.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I skip the pumpkin pie as I'm not a big fan of it. I can eat it but it's not something I'd ever make myself or buy or think "gee, I'd like to have some of that."

If I could, I would eat just a giant heap of turkey. Thanksgiving is generally the only day of the year when I get fresh roast turkey, which I absolutely love. However, I do have to leave some turkey for the rest of the people at the table so instead I will eat some sweet potato casserole along with the turkey.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    No TG meal planned but if there were I'd skip the stuffing, mashed potatoes and/or bread to focus and the turkey, gravy, cranberry sauce and pie. I like yams but can skip any other veggies.

I already roasted and ate a whole turkey 2 wks ago. Have 2 more turkeys broken down into parts plus over a gal of stock in the freezer. Bought three 20# turkeys in a pre-TG sale for just 29 cents/#. Couldn't resist.

Roasted 4 turkey wings in BBQ sauce a couple days ago; just 1 wing left. And ground up 2# of turkey breast yesterday to make turkey meatballs w/tomato sauce tonite or tomorrow.

Got enough turkey to last me well into next year. Gobble, gobble. :)