I'm losing weight but gaining inches

Options
Normally this the ideal situation. However I'm trying to lose weight. I went from 210lbs 38in waist to 172lbs 32inch waist. Mine and doctors goal is 145lbs, so I started this program.... I'm down two pounds however my waistline has went up to 36in!!! What's going on?? Am I doing something wrong?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    pandagreek wrote: »
    Normally this the ideal situation. However I'm trying to lose weight. I went from 210lbs 38in waist to 172lbs 32inch waist. Mine and doctors goal is 145lbs, so I started this program.... I'm down two pounds however my waistline has went up to 36in!!! What's going on?? Am I doing something wrong?

measuring in the wrong spot?
    not in the same spot?

4 inch gain on your waist is a bit high...are you pregnant? abnormal growth?
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    What sort of time frame are we talking about here?

And congratulations on your progress so far!
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    You lost 40 lbs and 6 inches, and then decided to try a different program? because the one you had been using was working?
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    You need more data points. You could be bloated one day/need a poo. No single measurement is worth worrying over. Keep the weight loss course, measure inches once a week, preferably not after a heavy sodium/drinking day.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Like weighing, measurements should be done as close to same conditions each time as you can. Same clothing, time of day, etc.
  • pandagreek
    pandagreek Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    What sort of time frame are we talking about here?

And congratulations on your progress so far!

thank you we are looking at a span of 3 weeks gain 3mnths loss.
  • pandagreek
    Options
    You lost 40 lbs and 6 inches, and then decided to try a different program? because the one you had been using was working?

I started this program because the job I had allowed me to lose weight quick and easier. I'm now working behind a desk so less movement and less accessible exercise opportunity.
  • pandagreek
    Options
    leggup wrote: »
    You need more data points. You could be bloated one day/need a poo. No single measurement is worth worrying over. Keep the weight loss course, measure inches once a week, preferably not after a heavy sodium/drinking day.

Data points? I thought of the bloat idea buggy I drink so much water wouldn't the salt be flushed out?
    Good idea about the measurements I will try that
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options

I started this program because the job I had allowed me to lose weight quick and easier. I'm now working behind a desk so less movement and less accessible exercise opportunity.

So now you're not moving all day like you were before? Exercising? Could that be part of it? Guessing, not saying.
  • davidylin
    davidylin Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    When I suck in my gut, I'm a 34.
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    I agree with other that 4 inches is a lot and if you are measuring accurate, then I would suggest you see a doctor for any health issues.

How tall are you?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

not in the same spot?

Seeing as im a guy no not pregnant..

okay so are you measuring in the same spot? is there an abnormal area?

there were other questions...
  • pandagreek
    Options

So now you're not moving all day like you were before? Exercising? Could that be part of it? Guessing, not saying.

Prior I was walking around 5-9 miles a day walking in and around the city. Now i have a desk job several miles away and away from public transportation. So walking is seriously cut out. While in the company my job requires very minimal movement.
  • pandagreek
    Options
    pogiguy05 wrote: »
    I agree with other that 4 inches is a lot and if you are measuring accurate, then I would suggest you see a doctor for any health issues.

How tall are you?

I'm going on how the pants fit. Not using measuring tape. So the measurements I'm quitting are the pants sizes I fit into.
  • pandagreek
    Options

not in the same spot?

Seeing as im a guy no not pregnant..

okay so are you measuring in the same spot? is there an abnormal area?

there were other questions...

Going by the pants size and what I can fit.
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Get a tape measure.