Veggies for Breakfast

2»

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    aerosolo wrote: »
    You can throw different veggies in with scrambled eggs, my favourite being tomatoes but if there not to your liking give courgette a go :)

I'm not familiar with courgette. Can you describe it?

Zucchini.
  • aerosolo
    aerosolo Posts: 15 Member

Zucchini.

Now that I'm familiar with ;)
  • CrazyShorts
    CrazyShorts Posts: 1 Member
    I've been doing breakfast tacos. Stand and stuff shell, an egg, avocado slice, spinach, red onion slice and a big slice of sauted portabello. Topped with a little hot sauce and cheese and baked to melty. Pretty delicious and keeps me full for a while.
  • tequila5000
    tequila5000 Posts: 128 Member
    How about a yummy hearty veggie soup? I think hot soup is a good breakfast on a chilly morning.
  • aerosolo
    aerosolo Posts: 15 Member
    How about a yummy hearty veggie soup? I think hot soup is a good breakfast on a chilly morning.

Sounds delicious. Know any recipes that aren't dependent on tomatoes?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member

Pumpkin.

Mushroom

Cauliflower

Broccoli (with blue cheese is delicious)

Curried vegetables
  • Rosemary7391
    Rosemary7391 Posts: 232 Member
    edited November 2017

Pumpkin.

Mushroom

Cauliflower

Broccoli (with blue cheese is delicious)

Curried vegetables

Carrot and coriander is one of my favourites. I bulk most things out with celery :)

I like frying some broccoli and egg in a little bit of olive oil for breakfast too. I really enjoy Asian cooking as well, so I've been known to just eat leftovers of that for breakfast - as far as I know, they don't really have a separate cuisine for breakfast.
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    edited November 2017
    I make a veggie hash a lot, usually russet potatoes and carrots. But you can add sweet potato, onion, squash, peppers, etc. Oven at 400, dice veggies, teaspoon of light olive oil per 100 grams of veggies, season, bake 26 minutes flipping halfway. Serve on the side of two poached eggs.