Losing weight but still not content. Why?

Options
I’m finally through my plateau and lost an additional 10 lbs over the last 8 weeks. I’ve been at this for 2.5 years with many ups and downs. Now I’m a mere 20 lbs from my long time goal and am currently the lowest I’ve been in 15 years.

But I’m still not content or satisfied. Why is that? Anyone else feel this way?

Replies

• KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    The number on the scale doesn't always equal the body you were hoping for. I've lost weight just fine but haven't been happy until I started working on the body fat percentage - not just the number on the scale. You are still also at the 'pointy end' where every lb makes a big difference.
  • littlebabekitty
    littlebabekitty Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    How u look doesnt change how u feel inside. U have to heal within..ur soul.
    Health is just for health.
  • freespirit427
    freespirit427 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Such great points! I never really thought about this.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I completely get that. I've battled my weight for most of my adult life but never lost it in a healthy way that was lifelong by changing my habits. I've now done that this past year and although Im very happy I still look in the mirror and see the fat I have left to go, and Im only 18 lbs away from my goal!
    I hold up my pants and always think "there is no way I can fit this butt into those" but they are my perfect size. Im so used to being a fat lady that Im just not used to the skin Im in currently so continue to feel dissatisfied. Im thinking that at some point this will "click" and I will get used to the "new" me. No matter how many people compliment me or comment on how great I look I just haven't caught up to that train of thought yet. Our brains are really slow to catch on sometimes, ha ha.
    Treat yourself to something you would have never done at a heavier weight and start to change your thought process by telling yourself EVERY morning how proud you are to have accomplished what you have so far. You rock so keep on doing what you are doing and your brain will catch up sooner or later too!