Advice on weight loss.

Options
I've been using myfitnesspal frequently now for 2 months and I've been sticking to 1210 calories per day. I was 11 stone 8 and it 2 months I'm only down 6 pounds at 11 stone 2. I try to excerise at least 3+ times per week and I am pretty accurate with the calories..weighing everything..and watching what I eat.
I've been stuck at around this weight for nearly a year..but I'm still around the same weight I was when I was eating plain crap(massive portions), full bars of choclate, crisps, pizzas, take aways. Everything is in moderation now but there's still not much difference. And I know weight isn't everything due to muscle gains aswell but I don't even notice any difference in the fit of my clothes or in the pictures .Any tips? I am female, 18 & 5'7. Thanks

Replies

• descene
    descene Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    "Only" 6 pounds? That's over .5lbs a week which is usually what I hear recommended for people closer to goal. Based on your stats you're already within a normal BMI, so I personally wouldn't look to lose much faster than that.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    6 pounds in 2 months is great! If you have less than 20 lbs to lose, losing 0.5lbs-1 lb per week is about the most you can expect. If 1210 cals was supposed to have you at a big enough deficit to lose faster and you aren't using a food scale, you are probably eating more than you think. Set your goal to no more than 1 lb per week and use a food scale if you'd like to get a better handle on what's going on. Be patient and good luck!
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    Well you say you been using MFP frequently for a couple month, but then say you been this weight for like a year.

One of my problems is consistency and I fall off the wagon alot.

Exactly what is your goal weight? Your at about 24.4 BF right now
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You’re just into the normal BMI range, or maybe a pound from it. .75 pounds a week is a good loss for your size.
  • yoitzcat
    yoitzcat Posts: 16 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

pogiguy05 wrote: »
    Well you say you been using MFP frequently for a couple month, but then say you been this weight for like a year.

One of my problems is consistency and I fall off the wagon alot.

Exactly what is your goal weight? Your at about 24.4 BF right now

Thanks for the reply! Goal weight would be around 9 stone
  • yoitzcat
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the replies!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    yoitzcat wrote: »

126lbs is pretty low for your height? it may not be attainable given that your body has changed and is changing since you were a child.
  • yoitzcat
    Options
    yoitzcat wrote: »

126lbs is pretty low for your height? it may not be attainable given that your body has changed and is changing since you were a child.

Yeah I mean..rather than weight I suppose I would just like to lose the fat more than actually weighing a certain amount.
  • yoitzcat
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    6 pounds in 2 months is great! If you have less than 20 lbs to lose, losing 0.5lbs-1 lb per week is about the most you can expect. If 1210 cals was supposed to have you at a big enough deficit to lose faster and you aren't using a food scale, you are probably eating more than you think. Set your goal to no more than 1 lb per week and use a food scale if you'd like to get a better handle on what's going on. Be patient and good luck!

Thanks for the advice!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options
    Womens' bodies are different than childrens' bodies.

Women have rounded bellies and hips and rear ends. It's part of becoming an adult.

I think you possibly have unrealistic goals, and should look around at other women and see how they look. You're not 12 anymore with stick legs and flat torso. I remember being shocked at my legs as an early adult. It's a good thing, and 100% normal.