Thanksgiving

Options

Replies

• GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Nope, but didn’t do too bad. We ate out which makes calorie tracking a breeze since the restaurant has posted calories!! Plus no clean up, YAY
  • Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I was shocked that I'm only a few calories over for the day. I was very mindful of my portions and not snacking. I also didn't eat lunch, so that saved some calories for the good stuff!
  • SexyManTrackingCalories
    Options
    Yes.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    No idea actually. Family cooked, but I only had 1 helping of almost everything, and 2 of meat and roll. And 2 desserts all day. No breakfast, lunch or bedtime snacks, so I'm probably pretty close.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    didnt weigh or log anything, but an offhand estimate (keep in mind i maintained for yer and im pretty good at tt stuff....) somewhere around 2000-2300 cals. i didnt eat breakfast or lunch, didnt have any desert (was too stuffed from dinner). my dinner itself probably would have come in around 15-1800 cals, but then i had seconds of mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes :P and 3? beers i think.

enjoyed the day. headed out to the mountains today for my brothers wedding this weekend.

• Jigglypuff00
    Jigglypuff00 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I did pretty good! I did eat breakfast and lunch that day. Light lunch. That was so I wouldn't go overboard at dinner. I went over my calories 230 g, and carb and fat macros, but stayed in range of my protein. I was stuffed! I weighed myself this morning to see the damage, and I lost a little over a pound! So I'm very happy!
  • Polo265
    Polo265 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Even though I had 500 exercise calories (jogging/walking around the house), I still went 600 calories over. Everything was eyeballed and estimated.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Nope no where near but I planned that. Back at it again today.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I logged but not very accurately. I didn't eat all the food on my plate at lunch or dinner but didn't bother trying to adjust things. I did get my minimum number of steps in.
  • sdolan91
    sdolan91 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    nope. had a light breakfast and lunch but pigged out at dinner. didn't log anything but I know I went over. skipped dessert though, so maybe that helped a little :tongue:
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Ate as planned. Morning 5 mile run followed by breakfast smoothie, basically skipped lunch (had an apple), and then had a reasonable amount of all the Thanksgiving food that I enjoy (skipped the stuff I don't care about) and a piece of apple pie. I expect I was over my normal calorie goal, but that was part of the plan! Lots of vegetables, turkey, so on, so probably pretty nutritionally sound, too, although since it's one day I don't get worrying about it!
  • Adamanda5
    Adamanda5 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I didn't snack before the big meal, I was mindful of portion size when filling my plate, and for the first time EVER on Thanksgiving, after eating I went on a nice walk at the nature park with the whole family! THEN I had one awesome piece of pie. I didn't eat perfectly, but I didn't eat to discomfort or go nuts like I usually do. I feel like overall, it was a win! And I think we all enjoyed our walk so much that it may become a new tradition for us!!
  • Christen850
    Christen850 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I shouldn’t have weighed myself today. I’m pretty depressed. Despite eating VERY conservatively and only going 45 calories over my limit, I am 4lbs higher than last week!! I gained back 4 lbs?!?!
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options

Dinner and snacks were all the Thanksgiving fare; celery dipped in ranch appetizer while getting things ready, turkey and sides and finally half a baked apple stuffed with pecans, butter and brown sugar served hot with ice cream melting on top. I had another half apple and ice cream for breakfast this morning. Since I ate light for breakfast and lunch, I managed to have a day barely over goal.

pjqqxnvgy4ea.jpg

• ZoneFive
    ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I shouldn’t have weighed myself today. I’m pretty depressed. Despite eating VERY conservatively and only going 45 calories over my limit, I am 4lbs higher than last week!! I gained back 4 lbs?!?!

Absolutely normal fluctuation, especially after a holiday meal. Unless you ate 14,000 extra calories yesterday (and not even pecan pie a la mode will do that), it's water. Give it a couple of days and it'll be gone.

And please don't, whatever you do, try to cut calories today! All that will do is make you hungry and unhappy. Log yesterday's calories and start fresh today.
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I logged one of the generic Thanksgiving meals on mfp. I gave no idea of the calories in what i ate because I didn't prepare it.The person who did is overweight so I don't they were keeping it lowcalorie! I didn't eat that much and only had seconds on sweet potatoes and turkey. I didn't have dessert (sweet potato pie and had enough of sweet potatoes). It was more than I normally eat, was tasty and with family so it was a nice experience. I logged my breakfast and lunch. Big breakfast and small lunch. Mfp says I went over by 500 calories which would put me at maintenance for yesterday. I'm fine with not losing this week. I just don't want to gain weight.
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    while I ate like 800 more calories than I do on any given day, I made sure that i had the room to do so. I got up in the morning and told myself that I would walk/run on the treadmill until I hit my 10K step goal... that took me 67 minutes to do so it allotted myself a few extra calories and then I made the family take a walk after dinner to prep for desert. All and all not a bad day, back on my regular routine this morning. Getting better at this thing called balance B) hope you all had a great day!

g5xqqmyltdhv.png