Thanksgiving

Options

Replies

• SFJULES66
    SFJULES66 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    It didn't go well. I'm looking forward to tracking today.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I tracked yesterday and came in at my goal, mostly because I ate very light meals for breakfast and lunch and saved most of my calories for dinner. I planned to eat a lot of vegetables at dinner for volume and my plan worked almost too well . . . I went to bed uncomfortably full.

• AuthorNinja
    AuthorNinja Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I worked out the morning of, and prioritized the foods that I really wanted to eat. For the day after, I'm making turkey vegetable soup! I'm very happy with myself for this year, I remember last year I felt consumed with guilt. Not this year! :D
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Update: I ended up over my calories. I ate leftover mashed potatoes and some romaine with hummus. (Had difficulty stopping with the hummus, will have to see if that's another red light food like potato chips for me.) Technically it was after midnight, but I counted it all as Thanksgiving Day since I hadn't gone to bed yet. I enjoyed it very much and now it's back to everyday life.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Logged, lots of guessing. Probably the first day well over TDEE in a year. No regrets. Only 1 day.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I did not stay in range, and didn't log anything. Scale is up 2 lbs. Getting back to it, hitting the gym soon and going to eat normally.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I decided not to log. Went over but don't care, went up only 1 pound. I just did Thanksgiving again with some of the left overs, no regrets in the least.

Managed my normal workouts both days and today was Fall yard cleaning/landscaping .. I need pie now! :wink:
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    Just finished logging everything for yesterday and figuring in T-Day part 2 for today (not hungry much today,and leftovers, just not the quantities, for tonight), and did the average weekly total - 1000 under maintenance for the week. So even with logging error, no more than maintenance. Yay, me.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,979 Member
    Options
    I shouldn’t have weighed myself today. I’m pretty depressed. Despite eating VERY conservatively and only going 45 calories over my limit, I am 4lbs higher than last week!! I gained back 4 lbs?!?!

Yes, you gained back 4 lbs of water weight.
  • donjtomasco
    donjtomasco Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I ate two days worth of calories. Back to a good start today though. It was so worth it.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I actually ate too little and I wasn't trying to. We ate dinner late, so I ended up skipping supper. Then today I went for a 65 mile.
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I cooked everything yesterday and barely ate, I didn't even make 1000 calories. I made up for it today in spades though.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Interesting posts here. I didn't celebrate it where I live.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Just 200 calories over and happy with that!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    Interesting posts here. I didn't celebrate it where I live.

If you don't live in the US, I don't think anyone would expect you to. We know it's a US holiday (although the Canadians have their version on a different date!).
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Didn't even try.
  • amandacalories
    amandacalories Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Who knows? I didn't cook besides a side dish so I have no idea what the calories were. Went for an early morning walk and took a scoop of everything that appealed to me. Also had some apple pie moonshine which is homemade by a friend of a friend, no idea what's in it. It's just one day and today I'm back on track. I did have more then my fair share of good conversation and laughs with my friends. Happy belated thanksgiving everyone!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I have a custom "exercise" for special occasions which is just 500 more calories, bringing me to maintenance for the day, and I used it on Thanksgiving. Although technically I could have banked some calories from Wednesday when we ran, shopped, and I ended up having about 1000 calories left over for the day. But I'm pretty sure that my app was wildly overestimating how many calories we burned on our run.

I did get in my usual first thing in the morning bodyweight and stretching, but other than that Thanksgiving was a planned rest day for me. Since our hostess was sick and cancelled at the last minute, it was just me and my mom pulling together to get something respectable on the table for everyone. And we managed it, got her house cleaned, table decorated, side dishes, turkey, stuffing and gravy, and pie, with less than three hours warning! But as a result there was a lot less food than had been originally planned and I was able to eat a very comfortable 715 calories including a half a slice of pie, and my blood sugar only maxed out at 130! Very happy! Finished the day 340 calories under maintenance, slept late, and woke up this morning weighing the same as my previous low from 2 days ago (had been up a pound due to exercise related water retention).

Today was also a planned rest day, which for me means light activity - usually yoga or some dance videos or a walk - my knee is still bunged up from falling on Wednesday while trail running, so I haven't decided what I'm doing yet, maybe cycling. And tomorrow is going to be back to our running schedule.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    We conquered Mount Calorie! We returned home. My wife didn't puke it up. That's a success. I'm not worrying about Thursday. We got home and I told Mrs that Friday shall dawn with me back on my eating plan for a calorie deficit. Here now it's about dinner time and I've got 600+ calories to dine on. It's a good day.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    It was really weird for me. I went over my calorie range (about 500 calories over) yet I lost a lot of weight (dropped over 4 pounds since last weigh in). Maybe I haven't been eating enough and this is my body's way of telling me.