I'm stuck!

Options
Hi everyone! I have been stuck at 170 for a while now. I lost 65 pounds in one year after having my 2nd baby boy, which I'm super proud of, but I had a goal to have lost all my combined baby weight from both pregnancies by the new year. So I need to lose another 25 pounds. Obviously that is not going to happen, but does anyone have any advise on how to kick start my weight loss again? At first it was coming off great, but I've only lost 10 pounds since May and nothing for 4 weeks now.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating a day and how are you measuring those calories?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    ai5iytwpc8ro.jpg
  • hale03071
    hale03071 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Have you adjusted your calorie down as you've lost weight? I know I have to manually go into my MFP settings and reset my goals to get it adjust after losing weight. As you weigh less, your body needs less so your calorie count should be steadily going down from when you first started. If you've stalled it means you've found your maintenance calorie level. Either cut calories or increase activity.
  • Labetc1
    Labetc1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    How many calories are you eating a day and how are you measuring those calories?

I’m eating 1700 calories a day. I do a 30 minute cardio/strength workout with 5 pound dumbbells 5morninfs a week. I’m an active mom and I substitute teach 2 days a week. I use my fitness pal to log calories. I do not count my workout as extra calories. It’s just 1700 everyday
  • Labetc1
    Options
    And I have adjusted my calories since starting
  • malibu927
    Options
    Labetc1 wrote: »

I’m eating 1700 calories a day. I do a 30 minute cardio/strength workout with 5 pound dumbbells 5morninfs a week. I’m an active mom and I substitute teach 2 days a week. I use my fitness pal to log calories. I do not count my workout as extra calories. It’s just 1700 everyday

But how are you measuring your calories? Are you using a food scale to weigh everything on? Cups? Eyeballing portions?
  • Lesscookies1
    Lesscookies1 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You're eating more calories then you think!!
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    You have to measure your food on a food scale to know for sure that you're eating 1700 calories a day.
  • Labetc1
    Options

I’m eating 1700 calories a day. I do a 30 minute cardio/strength workout with 5 pound dumbbells 5morninfs a

But how are you measuring your calories? Are you using a food scale to weigh everything on? Cups? Eyeballing portions?

I measure everything! I have a food scale and measuring cups. I eat nothing processed and make my own food. I put every recipe into the recipe calculator and measure out how many servings there is. For example if I make granola I measure out how many 1/4 cups servings there are and add it to the recipe calculator. I’m very strict with measuring everything and eating bother processed or made by other people.
  • Labetc1
    Options
    You have to measure your food on a food scale to know for sure that you're eating 1700 calories a day.

I do. I even carry one around in my purse.
  • Labetc1
    Options
    You're eating more calories then you think!!
    I really don’t think so. I measure everything...everything!! Don’t eat food that isn’t prepared by myself because I can’t be sure what the I geredients are. I carry around a food scale in my purse. And hardly eat anything that isn’t made by me. If I go to dinner with my hubby I only get a side salad with no dressing.
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    How tall are you and age? What are you losing goals set to? In your 20s?
  • Labetc1
    Options
    I’m 5ft 4in. And 31. I’m trying to get Down to 145 which I think is good conspire has 2 pregnancies and hormone therapy in between both therapies. So 25 more pounds I would like to use. I do have endometriosis so I’m wondering if that could be contributing???
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    If you're certain your tracking correctly and you're really not losing, the only thing you can do is cut your calories more. Maybe go back to 1500 and see how it goes.

Are you sure you're not losing at all? It's very unusual for the scale not move at all. Maybe plug into a weight trending app and see what it's tells you. Maybe it's just slowed way down.
  • Longevity100
    Longevity100 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I recommend you follow this infographic to a T https://www.precisionnutrition.com/calorie-control-guide-infographic

and

Follow the strong curves lifting program. You’ll see significant changes over the next 3-6months.
  • malibu927
    Options
    I recommend you follow this infographic to a T https://www.precisionnutrition.com/calorie-control-guide-infographic

and

Follow the strong curves lifting program. You’ll see significant changes over the next 3-6months.

She's already using a food scale, which is way more accurate than this infograph