New to this app. Left Weight Watchers

Options
Don't get me wrong, I loved Weight Watchers. I did it for years. I feel like I learned so much. Even hit my goal over there and made lifetime. I simply can't afford the membership anymore and would like to try something new. I would appreciate any tips you can share on how to use this app successfully. Thanks.

Replies

• sendtoharvey
    sendtoharvey Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    there's a ton of support here. find out what other people eat and post for foods/ meal prep... helped me a lot so far. suggest finding friends that are pretty active on the site, and also be honest about logging foods in (that keeps me in check the most)
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    @ChicagoJen1121 I don't use the app on a Smart Phone but just a pc so these may not apply-be usable on the app. It's my standard cut and paste post for someone new to MFP

Some links to discussions in the Forums that have been voted/declared as the Most Helpful Posts.
    In the Main Forums you will see all the Sub Forums.
    In each of the Sub Forums you will see a post near the top labeled Most Helpful Posts - which applies to the Topics in the Forum.

Getting Started
    Food and Nutrition
    General Diet and Weight Loss Help

There is one by sexysteff about Logging Accurately and picking Food from the database, that even though it is dated since MFP changed the way items are marked as verified - the concepts are still valid so it is a good reference.

From the MFP Blogs a few links that might help you start in MFP.

Meal Planning
    Healthy Eating Tips
    The 11 Most Common Weight-Loss Blunders Dietitians See
    17 Weeknight Dinners That Registered Dietitians Actually Cook
    Weight Loss 101: What’s Actually Happening Inside You? [Infographic]

This is just a small compilation and may seem rather intimidating - take it in small pieces and slowly apply them into your daily routine until they become a habit. There is actually a multi - part Blog about Habits that was quite good but I can't find it and have lost the link to it.
  • susanortiz
    susanortiz Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello, I left weight watchers as well , trying this again and sticking with it this time , looking to lose 20 pounds , any tips would be appreciated. Thanks
  • halicki62
    halicki62 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am also trying my fitness pal again. I am using Strava to track my walking. I am hopeful that this will help me get this weight off and keep it off.