BEER and Alcohol on Weekends

Options
2»

Replies

• jkleman79
    jkleman79 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    This is what I was told about alcohol and working out... the calories yes their are calories and that is on your own account. What many do not realize and I didnt as well. You are not sacrificing your success until you are drunk. You can enjoy all the drinks you want based on your calories of course but when you go into toxic levels of being drunk or highly buzzed then you are shut down for up to 3 days. Many of the processes of the body cease to work correctly. So drink and enjoy but dont get wasted basically.
  • aj_rock
    aj_rock Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sex_news_sports_funny/a_muscleheads_guide_to_alcohol_1

Not usually a fan of t-nation, but A. Aragon's a smart guy.

Basically, just don't ditch the rest of your healthy lifestyle! The big killer with booze isn't the drinks, its the plate of nachos, greasy pizza, and chicken wings that go with it!

And don't try to work-out with a hangover!
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sex_news_sports_funny/a_muscleheads_guide_to_alcohol_1

Not usually a fan of t-nation, but A. Aragon's a smart guy.

Basically, just don't ditch the rest of your healthy lifestyle! The big killer with booze isn't the drinks, its the plate of nachos, greasy pizza, and chicken wings that go with it!

And don't try to work-out with a hangover!

Hahaha. Working out with a hangover? No thanks! Lol. Luckily I stay away from all the greasy crap post-drinking. I stay somewhat disciplined, in that sense.

Thanks for all the great input guys!!
  • aray379
    aray379 Posts: 131
    Options
    I have a few drinks each weekend. I have switched from beer though to mostly flavored Vodka and Club Soda. They are less in calories depending on how you make them and I can't drink as many of them unless I want to black out that night ;) haha. I do have an occasional beer because I love Michelob Ultras flavored beers in the summer