How would you handle this?

Options
Hi, All.........just wondering how you would handle this situation. I work during the day time hours during the week with the exception of Saturday, when I work overnight. I usually have breakfast and lunch before I lay down for my nap on Saturday afternoon but, when I wake up (around 9:00 p.m.), I'll usually just have a cup of coffee and buy or bring something to eat around 3:00 a.m. while I'm in work. Would you count that 3:00 a.m. meal as a new meal for the following day or would you put it in your tracker as dinner for the previous day? I will usually have something to eat before laying down when I get home in the morning, as well, but then I'll lay down for a few hours and not eat again until dinner time. Just wondering which day some of you would count that as?

Replies

• sexymamadraeger
    sexymamadraeger Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    If the 3 AM is dinner I would count it in your day. I'd do whatever makes each day seem the most similar.
  • ttreit
    ttreit Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    As long as you log it it doesn’t matter when you do it. Maybe look at CICO over the space of a week instead of a day. There’s nothing magic about tracking over a 24 hour period.
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    I would consider it the 24 hour period myself. Anything eaten in that period is calories for that day no matter when you are awake or sleep. 12am to the next 12am is the window and what ever your calorie goal is for the day just keep to that goal.

calories dont know day from night so just log it and stay within the limits of CICO daily.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I have the same schedule, working Saturday nights. Personally I don’t eat until I get home at 9 AM, but if I did decide to eat I’d probably log it on Sunday.
  • ptrcmcc6
    ptrcmcc6 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Even though I went over my caloric intake, I decided to log it for Saturday. This way I can get an average for the week and start my new week on Sunday. Thanks, All...... :smile:
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    If this is your usual pattern, I would log it on the day it happens so it coincides with syncs from activity tracker. Beyond that, it's nothing to stress about, It doesn't matter. However it is easiest for you to track your calorie goals.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    When I worked straight overnights, my logging "day" was from whenever I got up to whenever I went to bed. When I started working splits, I switched to logging midnight-midnight. Another thing that I found helpful was removing all the meal headings in my good diary and just logging everything under that day in general
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    change your meal titles to times instead of names. like midnight-7am and 8am -2pm or something like it. then it dosent matter if its breakfast or dinner . whatever works for you.