p90x multi's and shakes?

Options
I just bought the program. Are these necessary too? What else do I need? Thanks!

Replies

• T0M0
    T0M0 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I didn't buy and supplements or shakes etc other than protein from my local store.
  • all4laughs2
    all4laughs2 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I use the Results and Recovery formula from Beachbody but get Protein and multi vitamins from GNC.
  • KyleGA
    KyleGA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    First, congrats with your new purchase of the P90X program. I absolutely love it!

I did 2 days with no suppliments, could barely lift my arms for the next couple of days.

I then started having whey protein shakes/smoothies. I also got some creatine for post workout recovery. I've sampled around and now here's what I do...

Shakeology - meal/protein shake late morning snack.
    Whey Protein smoothie - late afternoon snack
    Pre workout - C4 Extreme or Jacked3d
    Post workout - MuscleTech Cell Tech creatine
    Post workout - EAS Myoplex 42g protein RTD (ready to drink) shake
    Rainbow light mens mutli vitamin

I'm a little over halfway thru my first round of P90X. Week 5 I did an experiment, I stopped taking my suppliments, besides the protein (Shakeology, Whey Protein smoothies and EAS Myoplex) as these are used as meals and protein sources more than anything else. I found I wasn't bringing it as hard as when I took my pre workout suppliment, nor did my body recover as quickly (a lot more sore the next day(s) when I dont take my post workout suppliment).

That has been my experience, to each their own...as to answering your question "Are these necessary" - That will depend on your body and its' needs and what your goals are with the program.

Cheers!
    Kyle
  • Chowder_17
    Chowder_17 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    You don't need them...but the shakeology shakes are great as a meal replacement, super healthy, and tasty! I've heard good things about the P90X recovery formula, but I just use Gatorade Recovery.
  • Starleng1
    Starleng1 Posts: 142
    Options
    Chin up bar, push up handles, good mix of weights that you can quickly interchange, resistant bands, yoga mat, and a yoga block. Food wise, just try to eat from the Tier 1 & 2 and lightly Tier 3. Good luck

Oh...and I just used whey protein w/ chocolate milk.